Walker Evans Shocks Soft?

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My rear shock was bottoming out last couple rides, don't remember it doing that last year. I've got the suspension set at the stiffest setting. It's the Walker Evans on the Dragons. Dealer tells me the shock is working properly, but I ride the thing and I notice a difference. Since they think there's nothing wrong with it, they won't replace on warranty. I think it's bs, they said they'll put heavier oil in the shock, but I'm not thrilled with that either, as I'll have to pay for that. Anyone else notice this? The sled only has 500 miles on it. Most of that is around here, and I weigh about 215 to 220. Still, the shock should be able to handle that. the reason i bought the dragon over the RMK. Rides excellent when working properly.:rant:

Superford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ended up putting the "Fatty" springs on my 07. From what I remember the factory springs are meant for riders 180#ish. Big difference with the new springs.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got them pricing out a stiffer set and see what they say.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Least they could do is recharge the shock for you to eliminate that possibility. After 500 miles on a new shock it could probably use new oil and Nitrogen. Even at 220Lbs with the springs on the stiffest it should not be bottoming "often". Keep in mind a good setup suspension will bottom occasionaly on big hits. Let us know what happens. Scream loud and get the service you demand!

Jenkie

Reaction score
Just spoke with my dealer about this - last couple rides last year I noticed my sled (09 Drg) leans to the left and my right leg is having to compensate with putting more weight down to keep sled straight. Dealer will look into this. It is important to put the foam shock covers on when not riding to help keep the shaft from getting dings - air shocks will leak a little with each stroke past any dings. You can also buy shock guards for when riding.

I'm heavier as well - dealer is going to put more pressure in the back shock for me.

Top Bottom