Walker Evan Shocks

madtacc

Reaction score
I have a 08 D7 with the Walker Evan Shocks and like how they ride but I am getting tired of spending money on them :mad: They won't even last the season without having to refill with nitrogen ? I am not sure what to do, do i try another shock is there anything i can do to prevent or help the problem? Any suggestions would be nice!!! Of course i don't want to be spending a pile of money so thats of course dampers things .

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 08 D7 with the Walker Evan Shocks and like how they ride but I am getting tired of spending money on them :mad: They won't even last the season without having to refill with nitrogen ? I am not sure what to do, do i try another shock is there anything i can do to prevent or help the problem? Any suggestions would be nice!!! Of course i don't want to be spending a pile of money so thats of course dampers things .

hmmmm just bought a good set of 09s for $350 for the set of 4 from snowest.....only 4 rides and some colds ones at that and they seem fine.....

is it the fronts that are the problem? then get teh fab craft piggy backs, anyone with them apparently has had zero issues with their shocks since

Dragonryder

Reaction score
Same issue with my 08 D8.. My understanding from here say and dealer info slips is that all of the walker evens shocks were shipped to polaris in batches. the ones that sat on the shelves the longest had there seals dry out.

There is also the issue of exposed shafts were the tinniest nick can wreck the seal. Install the gaurds, they will help as the shaft material is rather soft. A rebuild (Seal change) with a re-charge will help.

my $0.02

madtacc

Reaction score
Thanks guys, i talked to Fabcraft yesterday and they where a big help, i will probably try the piggy back chambers and send them my shocks to have the upgrades and set up. They really seem to know what there talking about

Jenkie

Reaction score
RE: WE Shocks

I was disgusted at looking at my sled sagged out every time I rode it, not to mention the bottom out once in a while on small jumps and the banged out trails - I made a change a couple weeks ago - BigDawg (on this site) is a dealer for Exit Shocks - I'm very happy I made the change - My 09 D8 is a new machine all together - the ride, the handling, the diggin - it is all new and improved by just exchanging out the rear skid shocks to these Exits - Im also a heavier guy and went with the larger coil springs. I will also be getting a set of fronts next month from BigDawg also, to improve this sled even more.

I would recomend these shocks to anyone - they build them to your weight.

PS - I also had some issues with the install - to ensure customer satisfaction BigDawg spent several hours helping me get it right.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Matt, get Ryde-Fx coil overs if you want a cheap decent performance solution. You can find them for around $100- $200 used

Top Bottom