2014 skidoo

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you only need to jet if you have a ptec not an etec?

I don't know how to jet nor will I pretend I do lol. Is it easy?!

Last edited:

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
So you only need to jet if you have a ptec not an etec?

I don't know how to jet nor will I pretend I do lol. Is it easy?!

Some guys screw with thier sleds and play with pilot jets and crap.. NOT a good idea. The only time you should be screwing with an e-tech is if you are putting a sea-level kit in... as in 0ft!!! Dont worry about any of that stuff! Doesn't pretain to you at all!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some guys screw with thier sleds and play with pilot jets and crap.. NOT a good idea. The only time you should be screwing with an e-tech is if you are putting a sea-level kit in... as in 0ft!!! Dont worry about any of that stuff! Doesn't pretain to you at all!

Ok thanks Trent! :)

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
etec = direct injection = no jetting or tuning whatsoever....ever..all automatic based on the input coming from the sensors

since 1997 you havent had to jet a skidoo with the introduction of dpm. unless you did performance modifications
Sorry Sean.... you are somewhat incorrect there!!! I bought a new 97 Summit in 96, I had to jet for temperature and Edm's elevation. Because the sled came factory jetted for sea level. Yes putting a pipe and can on you sometimes had to rejet, but with just a can never. The DPM was a great new idea for Doo, but it wasn't as trouble free as what they are now. My 96 Formula 500 fan, that I bought new in 95, was constantly jetted. Because of no Dpm

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a new 97 Summit in 96........................ don't make sense

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why does ski doo have recommend jetting suggestions for elevations in the service manual?

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
For 600 carb sleds. Not all new engines are computer controlled. And like I said before... "Sea level elevations"

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry Sean.... you are somewhat incorrect there!!! I bought a new 97 Summit in 96, I had to jet for temperature and Edm's elevation. Because the sled came factory jetted for sea level. Yes putting a pipe and can on you sometimes had to rejet, but with just a can never. The DPM was a great new idea for Doo, but it wasn't as trouble free as what they are now. My 96 Formula 500 fan, that I bought new in 95, was constantly jetted. Because of no Dpm

what year did dpm come out then? i figured it was released with the new 670. any sled with dpm or electronic fuel injection does not need to be adjusted unless aftermarket accessories are added. DPM has the ability to lean out the snowmobile -6 jet sizes. yes your BASE jetting would need to be adjusted according to your starting location elevation but thats it.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For 600 carb sleds. Not all new engines are computer controlled. And like I said before... "Sea level elevations"

all 800r motors are though. and the sea level calibrations for the 800r ETEC are clutching and gearing ONLY. so i dont know why everyone is so confused LOL

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Because they don't make 9 different owners manuals. So basically someone grabs it out of an 800 e tech... Reads "jetting procedures" puts the book down and gets on snow and mud. They have all the engines in the same book.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
what year did dpm come out then? i figured it was released with the new 670. any sled with dpm or electronic fuel injection does not need to be adjusted unless aftermarket accessories are added. DPM has the ability to lean out the snowmobile -6 jet sizes. yes your BASE jetting would need to be adjusted according to your starting location elevation but thats it.
I do believe it came out in 97, but I am not 100% sure on that. I had a 97 Summit, and temperature made an effect on jetting and spark plug color. So that is not it! Like I said.... DPM was a great idea for Doo back then, but it wasn't as trouble free. As they are now today, unless you can tell me that you had a new Summit back in 96/97 and there was something back then I was doing wrong? I also was racing for Riverside Honda at that time, so I'm quite sure we tried as much as we could without blowing one up. Which did happen..... lol

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
well tell us how you buy a new sled that is a 1997 and you buy it in 1996... are you talking a snowcheck in nov
If you were to buy a new sled in November of this year, does it need to be a snow check, or could it just be a 2014? Would it phuck you up even more, if I said my holiday trailer is an 05, that I bought new in the summer of 04.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well most of us call those the sleds the year you ride them in, when I got my o8 xp in nov of 2007, I still call it a 08.... you just to smart...
If you were to buy a new sled in November of this year, does it need to be a snow check, or could it just be a 2014? Would it phuck you up even more, if I said my holiday trailer is an 05, that I bought new in the summer of 04.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
well most of us call those the sleds the year you ride them in, when I got my o8 xp in nov of 2007, I still call it a 08.... you just to smart...
So...... when I got my 04 Rev in 09, I should have called it an 09 :confused:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do believe it came out in 97, but I am not 100% sure on that. I had a 97 Summit, and temperature made an effect on jetting and spark plug color. So that is not it! Like I said.... DPM was a great idea for Doo back then, but it wasn't as trouble free. As they are now today, unless you can tell me that you had a new Summit back in 96/97 and there was something back then I was doing wrong? I also was racing for Riverside Honda at that time, so I'm quite sure we tried as much as we could without blowing one up. Which did happen..... lol

LOL nope sorry didnt own a new 97 summit abd being the first year your probly right it wasnt perfect. but even my 2010 with DPM was always bang on never changed a jet.

but anyways we are talking about etecs

DONT TOUCH YOUR ETEC PULL CORD AND DRIVE

Top Bottom