2014 skidoo

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also there isn't much money to be made in the sales of a recreational product. It's in the parts and service that the money is made.

xmsummit154

Reaction score
so I heard rumors that the 14 summit weighs 14 pounds less than the 13 summit. From what I have seen on the website they weigh the same. Are they the same or what??

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so I heard rumors that the 14 summit weighs 14 pounds less than the 13 summit. From what I have seen on the website they weigh the same. Are they the same or what??

Lots of time BRP makes changes to sleds that are minor improvements that never get mentioned in the specs or elsewhere.

The 09 belt adjusters, cooler stripping, extra material on bracing, the 10 center shock and rail geometry change, in 11 they didn't hype the non ported track, for 12 they didn't mention the better cylinder design, I have been told that the cooling system may have been revamped and some hoses relocated for 14, not sure if there is any truth at all to that.

Some of the 14's on the snow should be a close representation of the production sleds. Someone I am sure will pick up on any changes soon enough.

sent from a top secret location

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If BRP was dropping 15 lbs you would have heard about it at the launch in February. Like OTB said they will make minor changes to improve parts or pieces but no weight change. 15 lbs weight loss is to big a deal not to capitalize on with advertizing.

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i heard this from my dealer as well. he also said that the 14 etec will dyno around 170hp. not sure if this is true or not but he did tell me ski-doo was coming out with an articulating skid a year before it actually happened...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i heard this from my dealer as well. he also said that the 14 etec will dyno around 170hp. not sure if this is true or not but he did tell me ski-doo was coming out with an articulating skid a year before it actually happened...

Funny the owner of the store I work at didn't say anything like that. Sounds like a sales gimmick?

Top Bottom