2013 RMK Questions

Tommy100

Reaction score
Does any of the belt drive models come with a front tunnel cooler as I was with some 2012 Pro RMK that had heating issues going up the mountain on groomed trail with scratchers down. What about the Assault 155 does it have front cooler. I ride mountains and some flats and don't want those heating problems. Is there any easy add on for extra cooling or other suggestions, want atleast a 155 /2.4 track.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only the standard rmk models come with the front cooler. I have never had heating issues as long as I use scratchers.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does any of the belt drive models come with a front tunnel cooler as I was with some 2012 Pro RMK that had heating issues going up the mountain on groomed trail with scratchers down. What about the Assault 155 does it have front cooler. I ride mountains and some flats and don't want those heating problems. Is there any easy add on for extra cooling or other suggestions, want atleast a 155 /2.4 track.

If I have any issues with temp when scratchers down all I do is speed up a little and the temp comes right back down, if you go slow not enough snow gets to the cooler pick up the speed a little bit and problem goes away very quickly. Give it a try.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had mine hitting 186 deg a couple of times yesterday on the way up in the am to Blue LK.The trail was very hard pack and icy at the lower elev.I stopped and cooled it off about 4 times on the way up.It was a bit of a PIA but was not an issue coming down as the sun softened the trail.For the few pounds of weight it saves I wish they would go back to front coolers on the pro.My buddies 08 RMK stayed at 126 all day.

Tommy100

Reaction score
That is the same thing that three pros i was with had happen going up trail, scratchers were down and they heated, my sled with front cooler had no trouble.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never had any problems with my Pro overheating with the scratchers down, even when driving on an ice covered road with almost no snow at all on it, the temp never jumped up more than a few degrees.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
scratchers will only work if your going fast enough. I have never had my sled over 130 with scratchers down on the trail.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holding your sled in the mid range at 6000 rpm (lean) all day long does not help either.

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a friend with scratchers on the inside of his skis. Seems to work well throwing more snow into the skid then behind it. I think Specialty Sleds sells them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom