2013 polaris pro rmk 800 or 2013 ski doo sp 800

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode my friends sp and loved it and the sp I am looking at is 9500 and the polaris is 10500

If you look hard then you will always find a brand new RMK -leftover from last year for about 10k.
I do not see any point to pay 10500$ for an used sled.
Neither I see any point to pay 9500 for Ski-Boo-Doo that has 3500km on it.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd go with the Poo in this case, simply due to the high miles on the Doo, any other time I would say Do the Doo! The Poo had some drive line issues, so make sure the recalls/updates were done if you are buying that sled.

As others have said though, keep looking around, make lots of calls in the next week or so, you might find something from last year on the showroom floor that they may let you have when you walk in with cash, even if its a few bucks more on the price sticker. No one wants old stock taking up space, you'd be surprised what deals can be had with cash in hand.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with Modman, I would stay away from the high mileage rental. The pro is by far a better deal in this situation. Just don't know what your getting with a rental sled.

Albertasledder

Reaction score
I agree with Modman, I would stay away from the high mileage rental. The pro is by far a better deal in this situation. Just don't know what your getting with a rental sled.
We'll the dealers should be getting in some trades in the next little bit

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, i was looking for a pro for my cousin, and i found one at cycleworks in Acheson. Its a 2013 155 still in the crate for 11500. Go with that!!! Stay away from the high mileage sled!!! Rentals are always abused.

Buy it before he does.

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed steer clear of rentals... Just an example: I work with a guy who drove one off a cliff and broke his back. The sled got pretty trashed. You can be almost certain it got repaired.

mctrailboss

Reaction score
I agree with staying away from rentals. But an e-tech with 3500 kms does not need a rebuild. got one with 4500 and one with 6500 and they both run like the day they were bought. I have seen them hit over 9000 without a rebuild. a new polaris will need a rebuild sooner than an etech with a 5000km head start.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with staying away from rentals. But an e-tech with 3500 kms does not need a rebuild. got one with 4500 and one with 6500 and they both run like the day they were bought. I have seen them hit over 9000 without a rebuild. a new polaris will need a rebuild sooner than an etech with a 5000km head start.

Oh goody, another Doo commercial. Gotta love the yellow goggle boys. LOL.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I don't care what 2 stroke motor you have. Anything above 4000 km on a set of pistons is playing with Russian roulette.
Sure they run-great-then-BANG!!

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
We'll I don't think I want the ski doo and the pro rmk isn't for sale any more

Keep looking, you will find another.

This is another good lesson for someone your age. Good deals only last a limited time. Do your research, know what you are looking for and how much you want to spend. Have your finances in order and when that deal presents itself you will be ready to jump on it.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not buy a brand new summit sport? They have t-motion, flex edge track, S-36 front end, and full warranty. $10,000 So you sacrifice the few horspower, at least you have no worries for the warranty period, then when it up, you can big bore it and mod it the way you like.

We'll I don't think I want the ski doo and the pro rmk isn't for sale any more

Albertasledder

Reaction score
Why not buy a brand new summit sport? They have t-motion, flex edge track, S-36 front end, and full warranty. $10,000 So you sacrifice the few horspower, at least you have no worries for the warranty period, then when it up, you can big bore it and mod it the way you like.

my friend has that on it is nice but I want the x frame

Albertasledder

Reaction score
Keep looking, you will find another.

This is another good lesson for someone your age. Good deals only last a limited time. Do your research, know what you are looking for and how much you want to spend. Have your finances in order and when that deal presents itself you will be ready to jump on it.
It is a pain sometimes

Top Bottom