2013 polaris pro rmk 800 or 2013 ski doo sp 800

Albertasledder

Reaction score
I am 14 and have saved up enough money to get a newer sled and I an just wondering witch to get 2013 polaris pro rmk 800 or 2013 ski doo sp 800
, and also what all is going on at the Edmonton sled show ? Are people selling sleds there or what any help is appreciated

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats awesome, 14 and you're ready to buy a sled. Both sleds are great. There will be pros and cons towards each sled from different people. Go to the sled show, sit on some of them and pick different things you may like or dislike towards both. Ultimately, you have to ride it, you have to be happy.

In regards to will there be some sleds at the Edmonton sled show for sale. Possibly, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Its there to showcase a lot of the current models and new mods. If you're in the market for some new gear, there is always great deals.

Good luck!

sylvanAssault

Reaction score
i own both get the summit xm, I don't even ride the polaris anymore because xm is easier to ride, better power, better fuel mileage, more reliable= way more fun

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We can go on and on and on...

Basically, you can't go wrong with either...

(Did I just type that?? LOL

<a data-cke-saved-href="http://
b82eW.gif
" href="http://
b82eW.gif
">[video]
b82eW.gif
[/video]

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, as stated above if you can go to the sled show, you can get a chance to jump on both machines. Go with your gut, pick which sled feels more comfortable to you and which sled you like the best. They are both great machines and you will be happy with either one. Are the two sleds your looking at purchasing both stock? How many miles? Good luck and congrats again. Please don't forget the most important part of buying a sled, allow yourself enough money for an avalanche course and avalanche gear.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i own both get the summit xm, I don't even ride the polaris anymore because xm is easier to ride, better power, better fuel mileage, more reliable= way more fun

Don't know my doo's, but SP and XM? are they not two different sleds?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The XM has 2 different models. The SP and the X models which both have the ETEC engine. The Sport is the XP with the PTEK engine.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sp is stock with 3500km and the Pro ride has mountain addition bag and 800km

3500km's is a lot of km's to put on in 1 year. Do you know the background on this SP sled? Was it a rental sled?? I would be leaning more towards the Pro that is a great deal at only 800km's it was barely ridden last year. I would do as much research on the two sleds as possible. With 3500 km's on it, it more then likely will need new pistons this year.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At 14 a big consideration for you may be an accessible dealer,, not sure what your situ is but I find it a pain in the ass to drive to the next town for parts, and i have 10 vehicals ,if your relying on a ride to get a belt or something simple it can really suk!! And they ALL break down!!!!

Albertasledder

Reaction score
At 14 a big consideration for you may be an accessible dealer,, not sure what your situ is but I find it a pain in the ass to drive to the next town for parts, and i have 10 vehicals ,if your relying on a ride to get a belt or something simple it can really suk!! And they ALL break down!!!!
I am in vermilion so if I got a polaris it would be handy with baddocks but on the other hand I like the ski doo and we go to Lloyd ever few weeks so getting to rec tec isn't a problem

Albertasledder

Reaction score
3500km's is a lot of km's to put on in 1 year. Do you know the background on this SP sled? Was it a rental sled?? I would be leaning more towards the Pro that is a great deal at only 800km's it was barely ridden last year. I would do as much research on the two sleds as possible. With 3500 km's on it, it more then likely will need new pistons this year.
Ya it was a rental sled in Valemount with alpine rentals it looks pretty clean and my brother and I like working on engines so I would mind doing a rebuild

Top Bottom