2013 872 etech project

dbar7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alright so I wrapped my sled and I'm in the process of installing my trygstad 872 etech.. First all I have to say is Dave is awesome to deal with and recommend him over any other company he I very knowledgeable... So what I'm wondering the guys who are out there who are already running this application, what are you running for clutching ?

dbar7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what I'm wondering the guys who are out there who are already running this application what are you guys running for clutching, i need help figuring out a clutching configuration that will work the best ... Ill throw up more pictures of the build when I get them

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would start with either Dave's or Winter Brew's (roosterbuilt) recommendations.

marchuk

Reaction score
i ordered daves team kit should be here tommrow ill let you know how it works out

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My buddy runs this kit on his XM and it is impressive to say the least. Ill talk to him and see what he has for clutching.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I beleave winterbrew is building a kit or may have a kit for that 872 motor.You are right daves a stand up guy you will love the motor Congrats .Cheers

dbar7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dynamo joe and roosterbuilt are still working on clutch set ups and dont have any kits available yet

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting closer...need more snow and break-in miles. We are fortunate to have 2 identical, fresh 872 XM163's we put together for a customer. This will cut down the time it takes and double the setups we can compare every ride. Mother nature has been a tease so far.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im really interested to how this engine performs please show videos and keep us in the loop i want to purchase one as well. Also i have a set of the slydogs brand new sitting in my garage and was nervous to put them on my XM. How do they compare to the stock skis?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might call racers edge in Calgary, he has set up a few 872 as well and will have the parts your looking for, Darrell spends countless hrs :D dialling it in perfectly

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Darryl's clutch set ups usually aren't available unless you buy the kit from him. Lol.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im really interested to how this engine performs please show videos and keep us in the loop i want to purchase one as well. Also i have a set of the slydogs brand new sitting in my garage and was nervous to put them on my XM. How do they compare to the stock skis?
Just put the ski's on and try them. If you don't like them take them off. Pretty simple.

dbar7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sly dogs are awesome!! this is my 3d set

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran the 872 all last season, put over 2600 km it! I also installed Dave`s TSS 04 kit and it works great. The setup is tried n true, and continues to impress!
What elevation ,and track size. thanks

Top Bottom