2013/2014 Valemount Conditions and Updates!

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell, are you going all the way to the back of Allan? Is it really that hazardous? maybe "O" isn't that bad? or at least any worse then Allan.

Come on I just need one guy to say it !!!!:cool:

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell, are you going all the way to the back of Allan? Is it really that hazardous? maybe "O" isn't that bad? or at least any worse then Allan.

Come on I just need one guy to say it !!!!:cool:

We only went as far as Super Bowl. It was a complete whiteout there was no way to climb that steep pull into premier in those conditions. It's ugly not going to play it up. But of you can find a spot where the wind has deposited snow it's pretty epic. I'll post some photos later and let you know what this storm gives us in the morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, 2 of us riding mid week and its driving me mad lol. I've only got .3 km on so far this season!

We only went as far as Super Bowl. It was a complete whiteout there was no way to climb that steep pull into premier in those conditions. It's ugly not going to play it up. But of you can find a spot where the wind has deposited snow it's pretty epic. I'll post some photos later and let you know what this storm gives us in the morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wierd weather for sure. It was 2 degrees above this afternoon, but the good news is that its harfing out there. Our plan is to set all our trails next week and be ready for a Thursday opening if all goes well....

Snow levels out there are interesting for sure....the wind has deposited snow in varied lee aspects and really ripped it from others almost leaving bare ground in some spots.

Pretty sick ride today if you could get through the clouds and drop below into some protected areas.

Here are a few photos from Allen taken yesterday and today. The trail up is bumpy for sure, but the ice is not toooo bad. The third switchback is the most slippery, I've seen it way worse.

Attachments

• DSCN4505_1024x768.JPG
    DSCN4505_1024x768.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 694
  • DSCN4511_576x768.JPG
    DSCN4511_576x768.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 689
  • DSCN4512_1024x768.JPG
    DSCN4512_1024x768.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 689
  • DSCN4516_1024x768.JPG
    DSCN4516_1024x768.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 694
  • DSCN4524_1024x768.jpg
    DSCN4524_1024x768.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 688
  • DSCN4532_576x768.JPG
    DSCN4532_576x768.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 687
Last edited:

Cameron

Reaction score
Sask summit where's the pictures and the updates you can't ask for them every ten minutes before you go up and then not post anything after you do lol it's just not fair :nono:

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Renshaw. Rode there 3 days. Awesome snow. Started to firm up a bit yesterday. Trail was horrific when we came down shortly after noon. Also seen grooming has been suspended until it cools off. So it will be torture to reach the rewards today. We met over 100 sled going up when we left yesterday.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hats off to the groomer at Valemount we sledded Renshaw Friday and Saturday the grooming sucks there met groomer at 24 km mark was only groomed for 4 kms and woooooped the rest of way it was the worst groomed trail I have every been on .... No wonder people get pissed paying 20 bucks to pound the bolts off there sleds... Again Valemount awesome job let it snoooooow let it snoooooow

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CN shack along the tracks by Allen creek.
Hats off to the groomer at Valemount we sledded Renshaw Friday and Saturday the grooming sucks there met groomer at 24 km mark was only groomed for 4 kms and woooooped the rest of way it was the worst groomed trail I have every been on .... No wonder people get pissed paying 20 bucks to pound the bolts off there sleds... Again Valemount awesome job let it snoooooow let it snoooooow

Really??? This is the worst start with low snow conditions in 6 years maybe more and your complaining about the grooming conditions?? Give your head a shake. You should be lucky they have even started to groom yet. And what do you want to ride the trail for free? Cost a lot to run a groomer.

Please stay home and ride the ditches if your gonna bad mouth the groomers. Those guys are doing the best with what they have to work with.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x2 . People should be thanking the groomers that they met on the trails.
Really??? This is the worst start with low snow conditions in 6 years maybe more and your complaining about the grooming conditions?? Give your head a shake. You should be lucky they have even started to groom yet. And what do you want to ride the trail for free? Cost a lot to run a groomer.

Please stay home and ride the ditches if your gonna bad mouth the groomers. Those guys are doing the best with what they have to work with.

wildman

Reaction score

I agre with u. It really isn't hard to figure out. low snow, warm temps and 300 plus sleds on the trail means the trail isn't gonna b good.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, it sounds like it snowed pretty good up there last night from the reports I got back today. I was domestic today so never made it out. It did reach 4degrees in the valley bottom today, which is rediculous:mad: The snow hit the upper sections of the trail although it sounds like it took a lot away from the lower sections where we need it the most.

Lots of weird weather up there and some funky stuff going on in the snowpack, so please check out the bulletins and be sure to read and understand the text updates as well. Welcome to avalanche.ca

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we had a pretty awesome couple days. it was snowing on and off all weekend at higher elevations. rain down low :(. mostly whiteout conditions both days. at one point during the day on sunday i couldnt even take a photo it was snowing SO hard. it still hasnt really snowed all that much up top but again the wind is DUMPING snow into certain areas and completely wiping other areas clean down to the vegetation. we rode windshield deep snow all weekend and didnt have to look all that hard to find it. we did tag some large stumps :( yesterday we broke 2 rear wheels on a stump and luckily were able to limp out.

the back trail into allan creek is in great shape. not icy at all like it was a few weeks ago. unfortunately the alpine is still really hurting. but we managed to have a blast for 2 days.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

kidinloghouse

Reaction score
things are looking better, I think... couple questions though. myself and a couple buddy's have done Christmas in valemount the last couple years but allen creek has always been open, how do you get on the old trail is there a beaten path? and hows chapel?

blackcat09

Reaction score
That is sweet! Thinking about changing our plans from vale to McBride as well for this weekend. Where do you find an bumper mount like that?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
things are looking better, I think... couple questions though. myself and a couple buddy's have done Christmas in valemount the last couple years but allen creek has always been open, how do you get on the old trail is there a beaten path? and hows chapel?

They are planning to groom the main trail this week if all goes well so i dont think you will have anything to worry about as far as accessing allan creek goes.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Folks, we are "planning" to have all three areas opened up for this Friday although we will not be able to confirm this until Wednesday afternoon. Please check back here, our Facebook page or our webpage for more info late Wednesday afternoon.

Top Bottom