2013/2014 Valemount Conditions and Updates!

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
couple years ago someone cut it from top to bottom with a cutoff saw of some sort. all crossbars and everything

They really do have entitlement issues. Big and tough when they did it but probably hiding in the back alley with the rest of the garbage now. Usually thats how it works with these little boys.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone pleeeeeez bring back some info from today.....its been raining and or snowing twoonie sized flakes all day in the valley bottom. Too warm to stick around but it must be doing something gnarly up top. Anyone got any info?

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really??? This is the worst start with low snow conditions in 6 years maybe more and your complaining about the grooming conditions?? Give your head a shake. You should be lucky they have even started to groom yet. And what do you want to ride the trail for free? Cost a lot to run a groomer.

Please stay home and ride the ditches if your gonna bad mouth the groomers. Those guys are doing the best with what they have to work with.
So... We also rode Renshaw on Nov 28 and it was groomed awesome top to bottom...... dec 11 there was 5 ft of powder and way more snow and yes more sledders..... The point was if they are charging to ride a groomed trail they better groom it... Not sure if the comments are comin from couch potatoes or guys that where out that weekend....either way I will ride Valemount and ditch bang at home any time I like....back to the positive any new snow updates???

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should be a sick weekend coming up. The alpine looks to have gotten hammered today and its puking out right now!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear. Wish I was riding. Bout time you guys caught a break in Valemount.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode clemina monday trail was not great but hey, wasn't great 10 years ago when sleds didn't have great suspension. Now snow is really wind blow and hard, dropped down in back of lake plateau and snow was not bad. watch out for rocks and little trees
rode chappel today, trail was groomed, great thanks Vinnie, the snow was good for condition that valemount is in, setup but still deep.
heard talk in town that might be grooming for weekend.
Was snowing good up top and hit snow storm in edson that left a least 2 inches on hiway, drive home was fun
PS met people in parking lot of Allen tues morning and said they couldn't get passed ice patch so we went to chappel
Had a good days for this year. Thanks Curtis, and Alpine Country Rentals

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode clemina monday trail was not great but hey, wasn't great 10 years ago when sleds didn't have great suspension. Now snow is really wind blow and hard, dropped down in back of lake plateau and snow was not bad. watch out for rocks and little trees
rode chappel today, trail was groomed, great thanks Vinnie, the snow was good for condition that valemount is in, setup but still deep.
heard talk in town that might be grooming for weekend.
Was snowing good up top and hit snow storm in edson that left a least 2 inches on hiway, drive home was fun
PS met people in parking lot of Allen tues morning and said they couldn't get passed ice patch so we went to chappel
Had a good days for this year. Thanks Curtis, and Alpine Country Rentals

You know a guy by the name of Dave T?

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
things are looking better, I think... couple questions though. myself and a couple buddy's have done Christmas in valemount the last couple years but allen creek has always been open, how do you get on the old trail is there a beaten path? and hows chapel?

You go left right through the willows, not sure exactly how many km, been in that way twice, take the trail slow for the first bit youll see it, if you dont like scratches maybe not for you

Sent from my iPhone using

Catberg

Reaction score
Through a complicated series of events I find myself alone with a sled at Summit River Lodge on Sunday. Anyone willing to let me tag along? I help a lot more than I get stuck and have AST one, av gear, and a reliable ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Top Bottom