2012 Jackson Hole Hill Climb

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me guess the guy taking this video rides a cat. Must have only been cats at the championship this year(not)

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me guess the guy taking this video rides a cat. Must have only been cats at the championship this year(not)

OMFG:rolleyes: someone call the WHAMBULANCE.........don't like it, don't watch I guess. Cat took home the top 4 out of 6 placings in the "Kings", Polaris took the other two.....just sayin....... LOL

Meingh, I like watching the hill climbs from 15 years ago when getting up the hills was hard, those guys knew how to ride.

Don't get me wrong, the newer sleds are so much more superior but this is the platform for R&D though, so what makes these guys get up the hill faster eventually ends up on consumer sleds, so if they were still struggling to get up the hill like 15 yrs ago, we would be too! I know I do not miss the metal cleats on the tracks like 15-20 yrs ago! LOL

Kyle Tapio in Mod King and a sub-1 minute run....Make no mistake these guys can ride and you really have to go there to see it, because the vids do make it look easier than in reality. The "fisheye" cam is terrible in this video, almost makes it look flat. This ski hill run is 1700 ft and its like trying to sled on concrete after a season of skiing. Here is another vid which shows (a little better anyway...) just how steep it really is. 2012 Jackson Hill Climb clips from Friday - YouTube
I used to prefer the BCSF format and our hills to the RMSHA circuit, apart from the huge power some guys had, there were lots more highmarks than over-the-tops and lots of wicked turnouts when guys would lose momentum.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow looks steep in the vid can't imagine in real life. Like to see it in person. Impressive.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

quickclicker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks awesome!! disappointed we didnt make it this year!! Went four years ago and it was awesome!!!!

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Posts like this are the reason no-one wants to
contribute anything anymore.
Wow. Looks like I hit a nerve. Sorry for the early morning humor piston broke, it was just a joke. I guess when you are piston broke you have no humor.

Last edited:

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow that second vid did it alot more justice than the first.. Fish eye lens makes everything look smaller an less steep

Sent from a phone likely at work

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard all the Cat guys were running Doo belts, ha ha yae right. I sure in hell wouldnt want to sit on the side lines & get whacked a heavy Arctic Cat, more like riding the ski lift all day with a cooler.

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
love it when the sleds take of down the hill that really shows how steep it is ... at the start kind of thinkin ya i could do that ... than one took of like a rocket down hill and i was corrected with my thinking ..o it is steeper than it looks lol !!

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those hill helper guys in the vest must bullfighters just trying to stay in shape during the off season cuz those guys i thing are more nuts then the riders .lol

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember going down there in '87 with my semi mod decker doo, grenaded the motor at a practice hill day before the hillclimb. Dale Cutler offered me a spare motor, which I passed on and thanked, cause for some reason I did have those funny looking paddles that Verlin started making back then and the Pro-5 crew had titanuim paddles, so the Jackson Hole Snow Devils, let me be a catcher at the top of the hill for making the trek down from Canada. I must say that being a catcher gets your adrenaline going, just as much as asking the guys how do we get off the hill at the end of the day, answer go thru the trees and body surf the ski hill down, YEA that was awesome too. Oh to be young, full of pi$$ and vinager again. lol

Top Bottom