2012 Arctic Cat 1100 Turbo problems

hurt'in albertan2

Reaction score
So a friend of mine has just bought the 1100 turbo kitty but he has had nothing but problems so far. it has about 700kms on it he bought it a couple months ago went out to take it for a quick ride around home to get a feel for it and made it about 200 yards from the house and something happened to the clutch took to Don's in Wainwright and turns out it was some bolts that backed out. it turn out there was an update for it so waited for the new clutch and its warranty so no problem there. So he waited a couple weeks then they called said it was fixed went to pick it up they go to start it and wont start thankfully it is still sitting on Don's lot but the fuel pump is done now!! LOL!! I am curious as any other problem to watch out for so when get out the mountains he doesn't get too many more surprises! LOL!! thanks guys:beer::d

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure hope this isn't a teen for that year AC..my brother is picking one up later this week

hurt'in albertan2

Reaction score
nope that one is a 2012 and I knew the guy that originally buy rode with him a couple times last year he never had any issues

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with 3 2012 m1100. All well over 5000 km and jacked up over 220 hp. One guy broke a jack shaft after a season of madness on it. They are for the most part trouble free as long as the clutching is updated

hurt'in albertan2

Reaction score
that's good to here I was alittle worried for him cuz I rode with a few guys riding them and they didn't say they had issues so I recommended that he get this sled!!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as motor I think thet are pretty solid. I knew few have clutch issues and belt burning issues, and I have herd of some that broke the jackshaft ( but i think most of them were chip up pretty high 200hp plus). Oneoldfart will chime in probably I think he probably has one of the best set ups that I heard of as far as clutching cause he gets good belt life! Maybe pm him and see what he has done.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fuel pump is definitely a "freak" incident - haven't heard of any fuel pump failures on the 1100T to date. As far as clutching is concerned and getting good belt life out of these sleds - there are a number of ways to increase belt life. I would start by checking parallelism and offset, and if you are unable to do this yourself, get a QUALIFIED tech to do it for you. Next up is venting and heat blankets - the turbo creates a lot of heat. If you trail ride your sled locally, the mtn specific clutching (it is a mtn sled) isn't going to work very well for you, period. And finally, get the motor tied down. The factory mounts are far too weak, personally I've went with Evolution Powersports TCL delete kit and engine mounts to keep everything together as I'm running a 280 hp big chute turbo on mine. Do not crank up the hp and expect stock driveline to handle it, becase it won't. JustBoostIt on this forum is the Cdn distributor for all EVO products, it's worth your time to send him a PM, or PM me if you've any questions.

Top Bottom