2011 Pro RMK

trailblazer

Reaction score
i think you can get one for a tad under 12000 us,but can't buy a new one from a dealer.i'm sure in the fall you could get one a little cheaper due to the sagging economy.it doesn't sound like it's going to get much better,and increased taxes are going to hurt peoples bottom lines.even here in canada,i belive prices are going to have to come down if they want to sell their stock,especially with the dollar remaining high for the forseeable future.i'm certainly not going to purchase one at the prices offered now,especially at the 10% interest rate they offer!i belive the prices have to be reduced,snowcheck season prices are always inflated.just wait,there'll be better deals in the fall,i belive.;)

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
better check the numbers i am pretty sure the new poo is advertised as 154HP

Okay for one, polaris has 154 horsepower NOT 144, two the cat weighs over 485 pounds and that is the actual dry weight tested by snowgoer mag and three the ski-doo motor is a claimed 155 and it says that right on their website....and the 800 ski-doo weighs 454 theres the link for proof...with these new stats which are REAL it goes like this

Polaris 154 hp 431 = 2.79
Ski-doo 155 hp 454 = 2.92
Cat 163 hp 480= 2.94
And these are the REAL non biased facts

wrong hp on polaris 155 hp 800 cleanfire

well, you're all going to be surprised.....from Jim at Dynotech....on SW
@50 degrees F, 2011 preproduction 800 stock makes
143.2hp and 92.9lb-ft @8100RPM
After PCV tuning for max HP
150.2hp and 95.1lb-ft @8300RPM
But the 2011 800 had 10 more hp @7000 RPM than the 2010s so power through the midrange is improved...
All according to the report posted on DynoTech

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris probably will not publish H.P. numbers.... We will have to see what the independent Dyno's say.
When you don't have something to brag about you say nothing. Bad sign. Polaris I think is targeting a reliable 800,not making the claims(lies) again about the HP as they know their 800 is 20+ ponies behind the pack. I am a Polaris die hard and very dissapointed in the weak engine hp. May have a winner in light weight and hopefully reliability but If the Polaris 800 is not at least up to 155 ponies I will not consider one and I was seriously considering a 800 switchback. Awsome chassis. Best in the buisness in my opinion. Give er a stronger mill and you have the best all around sled in the buisness.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow Tech Magazine Jan/Feb 2011

Dyno Tested -2011 Polaris RMK 800 CFI

"151.7HP @ 8100 RPM with 100+ ft-lbs"

431 lbs /151.7 HP = 2.84 lbs/ hp

Now that everyone has ridden their pro's for a bit, any complaints HP wise?

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Runs like a top, we all want more HP but they did a great job this year, it is spot on every time I hit the throttle it is ready to rip never hesitates or bogs. I am very pleased with mine. Rode with 4 turbo's last weekend one nitro, one M8 and two Dragons. Nitro had the factory kit with 180hp and had no chance beating me up the hill or on the trail. The M8 came out on a rope behind me and the two dragons can climb but I would not give up my throttle response for the riding I do. Would really like to ride the ripcharger.

Stonehands

Reaction score

Anyone with a dyno will tell you that most people with a dyno don't really know how to calibrate it. Jim at Dynotech Research in my opinion does. His numbers always seem to jive year after year. His quality control is impecable.
Two buddies are now riding Pro's my self am on a HOLZ Racing prepped XP. I have ridden both Pro's which are identical except for one has Fox Evols all around. The other has revalved WE shocks. Everyone who has ridden my XP says they never imagined a sled that handled so well and rode so nice. My XP has everything done to it suspension wise ($5000 worth of upgrades). Not bragging just trying to validate my opinion of the Pro.
The 2011 Pro is an AMAZING chassis to ride. My buddies with the Fox Evols all around is simply hands downs the easiest and most predictable sled I've ridden, my pimped XP included. The Evols are all I would do to the suspension on the new sled as I can't imagine anything else being a cost effective upgrade.
My Xp is better in the woops but it was specifically built for that but i think with a little shock tuning on the Pro it will get there.
As far as power I would agree with Jim on the 144-145hp numbers. The sled is a bit under powererd but runs right with a new sno pro 800 that another friend has. Both great stock sleds in my opinion but the Pro has it hands down in handling
Currently Carls Cycle is working on a ported/piped 896 for the Pro which should be in the 175ish Hp range with a single. That will be a great compliment to a great sled. Now if I only had the flash for a new Pro I would order one tomorrow.

sleslie

Reaction score
Runs like a top, we all want more HP but they did a great job this year, it is spot on every time I hit the throttle it is ready to rip never hesitates or bogs. I am very pleased with mine. Rode with 4 turbo's last weekend one nitro, one M8 and two Dragons. Nitro had the factory kit with 180hp and had no chance beating me up the hill or on the trail. The M8 came out on a rope behind me and the two dragons can climb but I would not give up my throttle response for the riding I do. Would really like to ride the ripcharger.

Well that was either a very poor running nytro or rider wasnt trying real hard. My MCX 180 kit blows my buddies 2011 Assault away, both on the trail and up the hills. The Polaris is a great handling sled but comparing it power wise to the turbos is a bit ridiculous.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it's the only turbo Nytro I've rode with this year so I had nothing else to compare it to but I was totally expecting to have my ars handed to me but it was not the case at all. It sure could be that it's not running the way it should but I have no way of knowing. Tyler from Valemount was there, rides a blue and white doo, great rider, he was with us and I think he even took it for a rip. It was not impressive at all. I was not making an attempt to compare power because that is crazy but 30hp more did not seem like enough to make up for the weight of that baby sorry it's heavy. I have time on a race gas M8 that runs like a top and yes there is NO comparing the power however all I wanted to do on that sled was go straight up the hill at 85mph all day long. :d If I owned one I would not likely be here because I like a challenge and I just kept looking for steeper and steeper lines eventually it would catch up to me. :nono: The point I was trying to make was that for the riding I like to do the stocker does work well, the response is always there this year and SO FAR it has been a pull the rope and ride which was not the case for the turbos with us that weekend.

Top Bottom