2010 ??

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to mention the new graphics package again!!!! LOL!!! Good for the Nytro riders. But if I'm going to learn a new machine all over again, most likely going to be a super light RTR 800. Apex can be my "miled to death, ditch banger".

Not even suspension upgrades for us poor apex riders, or how about a 20hp increase over the past 4 years? Slap in the face....time to move on I guess.

At least gives us a front end upgrade from that "beoched" together joke they have, sloppy right off the show-room floor!

:cool:

Apex162

Reaction score
What do you expect with half the engineers layed off and no sales for this and next few years. Times must be tough when they don't change there bread and butter.

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you expect with half the engineers layed off and no sales for this and next few years. Times must be tough when they don't change there bread and butter.

True !! Every industry in a crunch now !! Maybe 2015 will be when magic happens?? :eek:

Nytro-Ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought it was great, a nytro with a 162, scratchers built in, fox floats stock, and better handlegrips.

No turbo, Thats not bad, got to have somthing for the aftermarket people to do.

I agree, the 162 was a a good idea, but good one to keep a 153 too

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two questions...
1. When are Poo Doo and Cat releasing their 2010's?
2. When is the spring sled show in Edmonton? (The one where you see the sleds right before snow-check time)

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now that's what I like to see. Looks like the ol Ehhhpex, will get the trail convertion after all!! Way to go, Boondocker, Cat & Chris Burandt!!!
Factory Warranty... WOW!

YES!!!!
:cool::beer::beer::cool:

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yamaha was never really a big player in the sled market until the 4-strokes they sell got after-market turbos. With the other manufacturers like BRP bringing out a 1200cc 4 -stroke which can be turbo'd. I can see Yamaha losing their place as the BRP chasis looks good and handles well.

How many people actually buy a Yamaha that don't intend to put a turbo on it? It is a heavy tank.

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tank is right! Most guys that bought one before me said, boondocking through the trees not a problem with the Apex! Haven't seen these guys play in the trees yet, HA! Well maybe one! Turbo was on the plans when I first purchased my Boeing, but poking straight lines all day? Come on, get real! I see now that a sled you throw upside down all day for 4-5 days straight, that's where the fun's at!! Time to shed the weight and get back in the game. I can throw the ol' eehhhhpex around, but tired of being tired 3 days into a trip!!!...:cool:

Just to be clear, Apex is good, lightweight is better!!! Won't sell it though, cause with only 4700km on it, I still want to be the first to change the belt on it!..:d Curious to see what a 153"x 2"x 15" would do for it around home here! I'm guessing another 1000km, a track change is in order.

Are there any manufactures with an aftermarket HP upgrade (cam or something), besides a turbo?

CHEERS!!!!

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't be to hard on Yamaha. Build a reliable product, maybe not as tight a build as some, but can honestly say, I've never owned a snowmobile that had so little down time! None to be exact!

So ya, let down, but not too pi$$ed!...;)

CHEERS!!!!

Top Bottom