2009 Polaris dragon 800 leaking antifreeze

Zweifel22

Reaction score
So I bought a new motor for my dragon, came with the fix kit installed and we had to change everything over. We had to put a new seal in for the water pump its a spring seal and we have changed it 3 times now and this last time we changed the seal had everything put back together, ran it for awhile and everything seemed fine. I took it out for a 10 min ride and brought it back in the shop and after sitting for half an hour and everything cooled down the antifreeze started poring out of the weep hole. And as soon as we fill the tank up again it just runs right out that whole. It did this to us the first two times as well but the first two times it ran out that hole as soon as we fired it up but this time I went for a ride and it sat then it was like as soon as everything cooled down it started pouring out again. Anyone have any idea what were doing wrong or why it's pouring out of the weep hole?

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have the proper tool for pushing the seal in ? I had trouble a few years ago trying to install one with a socket on my D700 finally I brought the motor to elk island they put a new seal in impeller and put the cover on for like .25 of an hour. Was cheaper than buying the proper tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zweifel22

Reaction score
Yeah we have been putting it on with a socket to, I was trying to avoid having to pull the motor out again.

Top Bottom