2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI EPS

Quadzilla700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a new grizzly and was wondering if there's been any real issues with these. I wouldn't mind hearing what other people think of them.

Camell

Reaction score
I have the '07 version and they are the exact same i believe, except for now you can get them without the electronic stearing. I have been riding with buddies and the ground clearence is unmatched. I had 27" tire on and i had 13 1/4" clearance stock. Now i have the highlifter outlaws 29.5" and have about 14" clearence. It goes beyond where the others get hung up, so i love it. It has pretty good power, but not the greatest low end torque. Dont get me wrong, it has the power, i have those big tires stock on and i turn them fine, but i am going to get a clutch kit, but that is the same on any quad out there, big tires = clutch kit. Smooth ride, very comfy seat, the diff lock is the best, it is like night and day. It has everything you would ever want except for the weight of all the others, they are 600 lbs dry weight, as compared to 700, 800, 900 lbs of the others. The only thing i would love is for them to offer a transmision like the hondas. You can switch from auto shift to manual electronic shift. But the only thing you need is to snorkel it, simple to do and great safty factor, and dont leave the dealer with factory tires on, they are garbage. I went about 3 kms on mine and then took them off.

dean_jimmy96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got an 07 with over 1000k on it and i just love it
ya the stock tires are crap i put on some swamplites played around with the pod mod and put a exaust tip on
the only real things that bug me about the machine 1:the dip stick is not a screw in type and if a stick got inthere it could pop it out, 2: when i was pulling a trailer and using it for real hard work it boiled the gas but there is a simple fix for that on the net 3:when i first got it i would have to ride the starter when it got below -10 i am pretty sure it was the oil i changed it to 0w40 synthetic and she starts like a charm 4: it some times just stalls while at idle simple fix is cut holes in the screen that supports the foam air filter.
but other than that its an awesome quad lots of power and the power steer is killer ride allday and not even feel it after

RichardL

Reaction score
I have heard that under certain conditions, the steering unit actually used more power than the stator could keep up with and killed the battery. Bear in mind this is third or fourth hand info. i would like to know if any body has actually had this happen. Currently I ride an 05 King Quad 700 but would be interested in getting the Grizzly as have always thought they were cool. My KQ has been awesome so far but only has 2000k on it.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Mine has been great ,not a problem .The E.P.S.and fuel injection is great.Well worth the xtra money.It doesn't have crazy power but it is enough.good machine. There is also grizzlyowners.com there is good info there as well

Last edited:

Quadzilla700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I went in yesterday and bought a 700 FI EPS LE. I figured i would pay a few hundred more and get the LE.Will be picking it up Thursday. I can't wait to get out and try it now. Will be putting better tires on it for sure.

RichardL

Reaction score
Right on you'll love it. I run ITP mudlight 26 inchers on my King Quad and really like them. They are a good all around tire and are popular with the crew I ride with as well.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Tha I went in yesterday and nks for the input guys.bought a 700 FI EPS LE. I figured i would pay a few hundred more and get the LE.Will be picking it up Thursday. I can't wait to get out and try it now. Will be putting better tires on it for sure.

Is that the black one the 'LE'.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
oh ok .That black one looks nice,,,,,,untill you ride it for a while,,scatches would show like a bugger.The camo hides alot of the wounds.Either way you will like it.

CRF230LKEL

Reaction score
Hello,

on an 08 Grizzly 700, how tall of a tire can be run without changing anything else.
I would like to keep stock rims, gearing, suspension, but gain a little more clearance.

Thanks

Diesel cowboy

Reaction score
I have a 07 Grizzly and i put 26 inch mudlites XTR's on and and you don't need to change anything. A friend of mine has the same quad and put 27 inch on and now he needs a clutch kit

Camell

Reaction score
Hello,

on an 08 Grizzly 700, how tall of a tire can be run without changing anything else.
I would like to keep stock rims, gearing, suspension, but gain a little more clearance.

Thanks

I have 2007 grizzly 700 and i am running 29.5 outlaws and everything is stock. It pushes them fine, just in the sticky stuff i have a little issuses but clearance is not a problem. I am thinking of a clutch kit but not in a rush to bad.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Hubby has an '08 700 griz. He put 27" tires on bigger mag rims. He has not problems turning them, but he does try to avoid mud holes if possible. He did pop the tire off once this summer by hitting a rock in Ruby creek, dented the rim a bit.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great quad. Put a clutch kit in it, It's a must. Saves on belts to especially if you put bigger rubber on.

wingtoolz

Reaction score
I love mine - '08 700 eps w/ 26" mudlites; otherwise stock. 3/4's of the guys we ride with (NE MN & Northern WI) are on Grizzlys - 660's or 700's. My roomies ride the same but with 27" mud bitches, cdi box, clutch kit, exhaust & no EPS. Frankly I haven't noticed much difference with the EPS.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
how do you not notice the diff in the manual steering to the EPS? are you sure yours is working? a 10 year old drove my uncles grizz 700 with difflock on and could steer it no problam, only cause of the EPS

wingtoolz

Reaction score
Re: 2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI EPS - diff lock

It helps, but still takes some work in the deeps. Gotta watch that diff lock though. Was using it to climb a soaked clay gully this past fall, popped a kicker at the top which lifted my front left wheel off the ground and snapped something in the left axle assembly when it came down. That was a $232(US) mistake. Was the first real hole of the day too... Had a long day with no 4wd. Got the replacement from CV Restoration LLC. Selling high quality parts, at wholesale prices!. Great service and stronger axle.

Top Bottom