2008 summit XP restoration and turbo build up.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well these Pro Jets are proving to be a PIA to find and no where is open on the fawking weekend:rant: Looks like im goona have to order them out of the states. So worked on a few odds and ends,, Cleaned the clutches and mounted the gauges.(bars are bent, need new ones if anyone has a set of stock bars for cheap lets me know) I simplified the controls. Throttle, Brake and kill switch. Just the essentials no luxuries. No hand warmers, No reverse, no nothing all that chit is gone(has been for a while) lol Ps I need some Silicone tubing to replace the rubber stuff that the kit came with any where in AB I can find that??? Thanks.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should be getting the pro jets tomorrow hopefully so should be some good progress this week end to report on.

hivoltagesledhead

Reaction score
Been following your build...good luck !! I tried the turbo experience back in 09 with an original Turbowerx 2871 garrett kit that morphed into a Gus Bohne kit that I eventually scrapped. Spent 2 seasons trying to tune it and get it to run at different elevations. Went with a BB. Things have come a long way since 09 and I have seen carbed turbos work well....if you can tune and troubleshoot you should be ok.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Ive done the BB thing with this sled already so trying something new. Ive seen lots of carbed turboes that work awesome, my friend had a carbed turbo yammadoo that worked great till it caught on fire...lol Tuning is not new to me so im confident this thing will be a runner. That said this isn't my main ride or I probably wouldn't go this route. If it starts pissing me off It just goes back in the trailer and I ride something else:beer:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did some shopping. Finally got the Projets, Yahoo! Racers edge rear suspension brackets. Silicone turbo pipe(found at MOPAC BTW) new EGT prob also from Mopac and a new can. The can is for my new sled,, but its a nice looking can tho..lol Big Thank you to Ken and Specialty sled. He had what I needed and was very Helpfull and their new Etec can looks like a good unit. :beer:

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So here is the Carbs Moded for boost. I messed up drilling so the pro jets are on a different angle but the spigot comes down into the slide 1/4 inch on both as was recommended. Idea is that these will come into play at wide open throttle. Realalisticly they will still be adding a bit of fuel threw the midrange as well. Added Boost fittings to pressurize the Float bowl and the Slides. Might add a couple more fittings yet. gotta do a bit more research. Im also going to put little pieces of hose on the projet nobs making it easier for me to get my hand in there to adjust.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just found out my new sled might not be in till December!!:mad: Best get my azzz in gear on this turbo....lol Stay tuned.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF?? Sorry for my boring thread everyone. I realize my pictures are low quality and its just a 2008 xp and there is no 16year old boys PMSing in here, but I thought this was a snowmobiling website?? My bad. For the few people that expressed some interest ill post a couple more low quality pics....lol Wiring is done,, just need to build a battery mount. Id have it running this week, but Im going to Sicamous for a few days, so next week I'll start it up. Maybe even record a low quality video...lol Think I have some suspension rounded up,, and I need to talk to Deano about the RAVE valve mod. Because I don't want to run the RAVE solenoid setup. Not a sled but still a cool boosted summer time toy I helped a friend build this year,,, runs wicked.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should do a google search, Gus Bohne on snowest.. He know how to make carb turbos work, like referencing the fuel press reg off the pipe so you can run lower fuel pressures at idle ( 2psi) and have more fuel press under boost so you can run smaller jets and less power jet.

I checked out that Gus Bohne setup with the exhaust ref,,I know what you mean now,, looks interesting for sure. Not sure I like it tho,, guess if it works for em right on.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes the low qual pic's suck ...

but we want to see this build on snow or else !!!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes the low qual pic's suck ...

but we want to see this build on snow or else !!!
Yea I really should get a real Camera. Still waiting for my new sled,, so this thing might be hitting the snow first week of November. Let me know when you'll be around and we'll tare it up:beer:

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the way things are going I might not be there til xmas ...
crops still in the field
2 sheds need roofs
farm house needs roof
machines broken everywhere need fixen

this sums it up ...

I guess its only funny if you've unplugged a combine

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the way things are going I might not be there til xmas ...
crops still in the field
2 sheds need roofs
farm house needs roof
machines broken everywhere need fixen

this sums it up ...

Talking Tom Combine - YouTube

I guess its only funny if you've unplugged a combine
Yea Saskatchewan Life style is a bit different than BC eh? I grew up on a Farm. But all the same I'll be staying in Revy most the season so December, January what ever bring the crew we'll go for a rip. Golden too, what ever I'm dowm:beer:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to see it rip. I like the low quality pictures cause that's all I can post with my iPhone lol. Keep up the good work

Sent while sitting on the toilet when I should be working!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to see it rip. I like the low quality pictures cause that's all I can post with my iPhone lol. Keep up the good work

Sent while sitting on the toilet when I should be working!
I don't even have an Iphone. Just a LG flip phone that takes the pics. One of these days I'll bust out a real camera maybe...lol

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea I really should get a real Camera. Still waiting for my new sled,, so this thing might be hitting the snow first week of November. Let me know when you'll be around and we'll tare it up:beer:

Or just invite me over for some pro pics... and BS about turbos :D

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or just invite me over for some pro pics... and BS about turbos :D
Yeah for sure man thanks! But if you are good on the camera maybe just come riding some time:beer:

Top Bottom