2008 summit XP restoration and turbo build up.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I was going to get it running this last weekend,, but got a whole lot of fawk all done instead...lol I'll getter going this week tho. Just got the RAVE's back today. Modded and ready to go back in.

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Deano do them?

Sent while sitting on the toilet when I should be working!

Yep you bet. He had to do them a little bit different than his NA mod because they are built for boost. Great guy,, I'd recommend him to anyone:beer:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whatd it cost ya for Deano to do that fo ya buds?

Best to talk to Deano about pricing. Mine was a little different cause it's for a turbo sled. For the NA sled he does a package with the RAVE's and some other tunning for around 450$ he said. Supposed to work really good. Again best thing is to call him, cause I would imagine it depends on what else is done to ur sled.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whatd it cost ya for Deano to do that fo ya buds?

It's pretty labour intensive that's why it cost so much. Be he checks your reeds and carbs all out for you. But it's worth the price ! If I where you drive your sled for a trip. Then go get it done that way you will see how good it works !

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's pretty labour intensive that's why it cost so much. Be he checks your reeds and carbs all out for you. But it's worth the price ! If I where you drive your sled for a trip. Then go get it done that way you will see how good it works !

450$ isn't bad at all for the work that's involved.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thx Neil! Im all about spending a few budgeted green on this machine as I had a nice chunk saved for a new one BUT couldnt pass up the price Maxwel gave me on this 08! So now I have a few green backs to play with to tweak and personalize!!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well installed the RAVE's. Hopefully have this thing going in the next day or two. Would be sweet if there was still a little snow on the ground for testing. This thing is hitting the Mountain Nov 9th and my current back up sled is a Polaris,,,so hopefully this bad boy works...lol Could get lucky and my new sled shows up,,, But I think I'd sit it out till there is a bit of a base any ways.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nov 9th ??? is that when ur moving to revy ???

I really have to tick off revy some day ...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nov 9th ??? is that when ur moving to revy ???

I really have to tick off revy some day ...
No Not till Jan 1st. Going to do a bunch of sledding before that though. Nov 9th will be the first ride of the year. Come do some riding in Revy this year,, you'll like it.:beer:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I started it up tonight,, and holly fawk,, if it runs as good on the mountain as it does in my garage its goona be friggin awesome.:cool: Not even throwing ANY codes, pretty amazing considering all the stuff I deleted. Had to shut er down before my redneck stand chit the bed at 100mph track speed...lol Supposed to snow 25cm in RD tomorrow so I might be able to do some "field" testing. haha My pyro isn't working too good/ is a POS. Goona have to figure something better out,,, No to confident holding in wide open for too long without knowing EGT. Going to play around with the variable vains on the turbo to bring on boost a bit sooner& crank the boost as high as I can get it...lol Sure would be nice to play with it on the dyno for a little bit...hmmm

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought it for 9500$ in 2009 with a Motts 880 with 200kms.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's what it looked like 2009...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More or less ready to go for a little boot tomorrow,,, Got a foot of snow today,, so that worked out nicely. Broke the pull starter rope tho,,,Fawk!! Guess I'll have to tear into that in the morning

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100 MPH track speed on that stand !!!
coulda been a tradgic end to the sled before it even got to the snow ...

best to break the pull cord in the garage than like I did way out in the back bowls.

so ya gunna get a gaypro n post some footy or wot ???

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100 MPH track speed on that stand !!!
coulda been a tradgic end to the sled before it even got to the snow ...

best to break the pull cord in the garage than like I did way out in the back bowls.

so ya gunna get a gaypro n post some footy or wot ???

Yeah it was getting pretty sketchy there on the stand, just love hearing that blow off valve! Not fun to break a pull cord when ur way back,, so picked the best place too do it. Getting a GroPrp Black this week so I'll post some up some footage too. Pretty wind out side right now so reconsidering riding today...lol Some serious drifts out there,,, not sure if i'll get my truck out of the yard without plowing the drive way first:cool:

Top Bottom