2008 summit XP restoration and turbo build up.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been raining here all day and just starting to turn to sleet,
I guess some roofs wont be getting done this fall, we'll see ...

nice pic of the truck, windy as here too ...

alota guys were having trouble with their gaypro3 or hero,
the 2 was alot easier to set up and download and will be cheaper.
many laptops couldnt download the hero3, alota swearing went on ...

prove me wrong ...

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been raining here all day and just starting to turn to sleet,
I guess some roofs wont be getting done this fall, we'll see ...

nice pic of the truck, windy as here too ...

alota guys were having trouble with their gaypro3 or hero,
the 2 was alot easier to set up and download and will be cheaper.
many laptops couldnt download the hero3, alota swearing went on ...

prove me wrong ...

Oh really? chit I know nothing about them,,never used one. I know I want the remote and I want the best quality Video possible. Might need a new computer too then for the gopro hero 3??

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well got out and did some "dangling" in the ditch...lol (yea I know my panels are falling off, have to fix those before show time next week end) My pyro doesn't work worth a chit, so I opened the projets 3 full turns to be on the safe side. Was bogging out on top so I dialed them back a bit and now its running wicked. Pulling rpm in 2feet of fresh in the ditch and I added 5g of pin weight so that's always good. Runs like a stock sled with some "boost on top". Its set at 5lbs now and I want 7lbs out of it. If I find a deal on a 66series turbo I'll be getting it I think. 12lbs would be what I really want. Think I need a little bigger tube to pressurize the slides tho. Couple times when I let off the gas they didn't seem to want to close right away. All and all I'd say it's running pretty good considering I just guessed at the jetting and clutching requirement. Got some stuff to do this week but It will be on the hill next weekend!!:cool:

Last edited:

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good work on a successful "shake down"

My GoPro 3 (black) works great. No experience with earlier models, nor the new 3+ so I guess I have nothing to base my findings against.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good work on a successful "shake down"

My GoPro 3 (black) works great. No experience with earlier models, nor the new 3+ so I guess I have nothing to base my findings against.
thanks!. I have No experience ether so might as well learn with the newest one. The video quality of these new ones is pretty good. I want to learn how to edit them add music to the clips ext. So probably get a new computer for that any ways.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've used "Windows Live Movie Maker" it's pretty idiot-proof, though it doesn't do super-fancy stuff.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've used "Windows Live Movie Maker" it's pretty idiot-proof, though it doesn't do super-fancy stuff.

I've used that in the past. Looking for some thing a little better than that.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to find something a little more fancy than that as well. I'll worry about that once I've compiled enough footage of me getting stuck and running into stuff haha.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Well got out and did some "dangling" in the ditch...lol (yea I know my panels are falling off, have to fix those before show time next week end) My pyro doesn't work worth a chit, so I opened the projets 3 full turns to be on the safe side. Was bogging out on top so I dialed them back a bit and now its running wicked. Pulling rpm in 2feet of fresh in the ditch and I added 5g of pin weight so that's always good. Runs like a stock sled with some "boost on top". Its set at 5lbs now and I want 7lbs out of it. If I find a deal on a 66series turbo I'll be getting it I think. 12lbs would be what I really want. Think I need a little bigger tube to pressurize the slides tho. Couple times when I let off the gas they didn't seem to want to close right away. All and all I'd say it's running pretty good considering I just guessed at the jetting and clutching requirement. Got some stuff to do this week but It will be on the hill next weekend!!:cool: http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh294/danthaman_bucket/1103131504-00_zpsa42354af.jpghttp://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh294/danthaman_bucket/1103131507-00_zpsa6603831.jpg
We just took a brand new 66 series Aero off of a customers sled. He would probably sell the whole turbo kit for 3000.00. It is an air to air intercooled Pro kit.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just took a brand new 66 series Aero off of a customers sled. He would probably sell the whole turbo kit for 3000.00. It is an air to air intercooled Pro kit.

Thanks. Im just looking for the turbo though. They are 2500$ new and I'd spend no more than half of that on a used turbo. This is a 2008 sled, so im not putting a ton of money in it. If it was an Etec kit might be interested That's a pretty good buy for someone who wants to get into a turbo sled:beer:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might have a Polaris guy that wants it,, I'll ask him:beer:

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a supplier that is parting out a bunch of brand new polaris turbo kits, 4 of which kits have brand new 66 series aero chargers in them. pm me or call me for more details 780 986 6370

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Turbo will be in Revy this week end, Yahoo! If I figure out the go pro might even get some footage.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GoPro's are pretty fool-proof when it comes to "point and shoot"

Good luck buddy!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GoPro's are pretty fool-proof when it comes to "point and shoot"

Good luck buddy!

This aint no point N shoot sled man,,, It will be doing some dangling Shaede lane this week end. Thanks tho:beer:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I meant the camera is point-and-shoot haha

No worries. Some people think turbo's are just for climbing,, Not true . They work awesome for boondocking in the trees also.:beer:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice looking forward to herring how the sled goes! Been following this thread for along time!

Thanks man. It was fun piss'n around with this thing over summer & fall. Gotter finished just in time for my opening weekend of the season. And the new sled will be here next week. Super stoked for the season to get going here!:beer:

Top Bottom