2008 summit XP restoration and turbo build up.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should do a google search, Gus Bohne on snowest.. He know how to make carb turbos work, like referencing the fuel press reg off the pipe so you can run lower fuel pressures at idle ( 2psi) and have more fuel press under boost so you can run smaller jets and less power jet.
Cool thanks ill look into that... I think you are referring to a boost reference fuel pressure regulator tho. Im running one of those,, a Mallory 3409. My fuel pressure at idle will be around 3psi and 10psi at 7lbs boost. And I reference that off the intake charge at a 1 to 1 ratio,, every psi of boost I get a extra psi of fuel pressure. Thanks:beer:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Engines back in and doing mock up now. Need to get some brackets tig'd for the intercooler. And im moving the little coolant res back kinda where the oil tank was.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting rid of the head lights(day time sled only now lol) and goona run black silk screen in there place to get lots of air flow to the intercooler. Plenty of room for a fan if I want to run one too.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good.

I have thought of boosting mine. But being carbed might be a piston eater

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you need anything tiged give me a shout. Not sure where you are in alberta but i am in Leduc and I can tig what ever you got.:beer:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good.

I have thought of boosting mine. But being carbed might be a piston eater

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND
Well lets hope not..lol should be good as long as im getting eneogh fuel.

If you need anything tiged give me a shout. Not sure where you are in alberta but i am in Leduc and I can tig what ever you got.:beer:
Thanks Neil! I live in Red Deer, so not too far away. Might hit you up on that:beer:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Deano is a good guy to know when it comes to turbo'd carbed engines. He has a couple of sleds that work really good. It might be worth a call just to talk to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can add the reservoir to the top hose you have. That's actually what lubricates the water pump. Usually just from slash over from the origional oil tank. I found on my rev with oil delete I was filling it once and a while simply because it would leak out from rollovers. The reason I picked up the 440 oil bottle was because it has a vented cap. Which is required so the tube doesn't create a vaccumm and starve the water pump of oil.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Deano is a good guy to know when it comes to turbo'd carbed engines. He has a couple of sleds that work really good. It might be worth a call just to talk to him.

yeah I hear a lot of good stuff about Deano , I have a few thing I'd like to talk to him about. :beer:

You can add the reservoir to the top hose you have. That's actually what lubricates the water pump. Usually just from slash over from the origional oil tank. I found on my rev with oil delete I was filling it once and a while simply because it would leak out from rollovers. The reason I picked up the 440 oil bottle was because it has a vented cap. Which is required so the tube doesn't create a vaccumm and starve the water pump of oil.
Yeah that's not a bad plan, I do tend to roll the things quite often...lol I have a vent on my hose that shouldn't leak out if rolled. Its just the stock oil tank vent. Not sure how good it works tho, cause when I tore apart the sled everything was covered in oil... lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah I hear a lot of good stuff about Deano , I have a few thing I'd like to talk to him about. :beer:

Yeah that's not a bad plan, I do tend to roll the things quite often...lol I have a vent on my hose that shouldn't leak out if rolled. Its just the stock oil tank vent. Not sure how good it works tho, cause when I tore apart the sled everything was covered in oil... lol

I did the same thing at first. It works ok

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the compression on that head that's on the motor? I was looking and seen that in your pictures and thought that it might be to high for a turbo? Just a thought

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the compression on that head that's on the motor? I was looking and seen that in your pictures and thought that it might be to high for a turbo? Just a thought

Good Eye. That's a MOTTS head. Really trick head actually. I had 14.5 to 1 domes on my 880. I switched them out for 12 to 1 stock bore domes. Those should work good for 7lbs boost. The 880 pulled really hard, so im interested to see how this turbo setup will compare. Thanks:beer:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good Eye. That's a MOTTS head. Really trick head actually. I had 14.5 to 1 domes on my 880. I switched them out for 12 to 1 stock bore domes. Those should work good for 7lbs boost. The 880 pulled really hard, so im interested to see how this turbo setup will compare. Thanks:beer:
They will prbably cool better then the stock heads to! I did want to sound like i didnt think you knew what you where doing just i seen that and thought maybe it got over looked. I like watching this build and would like to see the sled go when its dialed in!:beer:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They will prbably cool better then the stock heads to! I did want to sound like i didnt think you knew what you where doing just i seen that and thought maybe it got over looked. I like watching this build and would like to see the sled go when its dialed in!:beer:
I'll be In Revy and Golden Lots this season, so come out for a ride any time!:beer:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any updates or progress?
Nothing too exciting. Got the Brackets for the intercooler. Just need to weld them up now. And what I really need to source is some old school Pro Jets for my Carbs. Once I have those 2 things the sled is a few hours away from doing some grass drags out in the field:d The wiring is a PIA but should be no big deal. Im going to run a tiny ktm 12v battery to keep the fuel pump happy. (battery is only 1lbs). And think im goona run all Fox float shocks front and rear to lose some more weight. you lose 15lbs on the skid and a couple pounds up front. This sled is going to be really light for pretty cheap.(no carbon fiber or titanium) shooting for 400-420lbs dry. Edit (C3 belt drive has a carbon fiber guard)

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those that don't know what a Pro jet is, this is it; kind of like a low tech boost-it. I can give it more or less fuel by turning that nob. They work good I've used them before. Specialty sled says they stock these on there web site. Any one know any where else that has them?

Top Bottom