2008 summit xp 800

cjlucas30

Reaction score
I had the motor in my 08 summit 800 XP rebuilt from the crank up,its set up to run rich for break in,Burned 2 tanks but now its time to set the oil mixture back to factory setting
How can i do this?

Thanks for the help!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oilcable.jpg

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the motor in my 08 summit 800 XP rebuilt from the crank up,its set up to run rich for break in,Burned 2 tanks but now its time to set the oil mixture back to factory setting
How can i do this?

Thanks for the help!

Why not just add correct amount of oil to your fuel instead of screwing with oil injection?? Just a question as I have my kids sled that I will need to do the same to a rebuilt engine..

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on why not just run premix to your fuel for two tanks to make sure the pump is working. I've never heard of running a motor rich to break it in. Premix two tanks and follow your typical break in procedure.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI in addition to what teeroy has posted, there are 2 marks on the oil injection pump arm. One marks idle, the other marks wide open. Simply hold the throttle wide open and tighten up the oil injection cable untill it hits the stop. They you are done.

Top Bottom