2003 RX1 Serial Number

IRC

Reaction score
2003 RX1 VIN Location

I purchased a 2003 RX1 and want to register it. They came out to confirm the the VIN when I went in to complete the registration and transfer. The sticker on the tunnel is worn and some of the number are not visable. Is there a second location for the VIN? They won't continue with the registration until they can confirm the VIN. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Jim

Last edited:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just reg my sled and they never came out to look at the number.....I also reg another sled last year and they never checked! if you ever get to sicamous call me and we will go regy your sled lol

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
If it is a stk tunnel there will be a 17 dig vin# stamped in the tunnel about where your right foot would be located sitting on the machine, It is laser etched so it may be hard to see. If it is a aftermarket tunnel you have to prove ownership of the original tunnel to get a assigned vin from RCMP. If you don't have these you are screwed cause that's all on that is on that unit- Darren

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you have the vin number on paper and know what it is..... go to an engraving shop(trophy) and get a plate made.........then rivet it on......the person at the reg office wont know the difference!

IRC

Reaction score
It is an original tunnel, but has an OEM sticker vice a stamped or engraved number. The sticker has been worn away by contact with boots. I am going to try again with a different agent:)

If it is a stk tunnel there will be a 17 dig vin# stamped in the tunnel about where your right foot would be located sitting on the machine, It is laser etched so it may be hard to see. If it is a aftermarket tunnel you have to prove ownership of the original tunnel to get a assigned vin from RCMP. If you don't have these you are screwed cause that's all on that is on that unit- Darren

Top Bottom