2003 duramax milkes/hours

farmboy020

Reaction score
looking at an 2003 gmc 2500 hd duramax. THey guy has said that it has been all highway drive. but it has got 319 000 km on it with 4100 engine hrs. Im wondeirng if that sound right if it is all highway miles. It has had all the injectors redone 60000 km ago. what else should i be worrying about witha d max. What do you guys think. is 319 000 to high is everythiung goign to start going? thanks

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would pass start putting tranny or engine work into that and you could have bought your self low mileage one for cheaper.Just my 2 cents

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just so you guys know that it is possible to reset your hour meter on( i know guy are going to say impossible but listen) awhile back i had a weak battery one day while attempting to start it didnt have enough juice to crank over and the driver info center flashed and come back on with everything but the odometer set at zero.

tasco

Reaction score
thanks guys i found another 2003 with 240 or
2004 with 222
get the 2004 expecially if it has the LLY engine in it. I have one with 330 000 km on it and it has not given me a single hickup yet. Most reliable truck I have owned so far.

they started putting the LLY in around mid 2004. I am not sure how releiable the LB1 is compared to the LLY. Both trucks are more than likley good though. I would recomend running them through a shop before you buy so that you can find out what you are buing and how much it is going to cost to fix

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try to stay lower in the kms. Overkills truck looks very decent and is priced right. I have been looking for a 3/4 ton gas job truck and I think I finally found one.
Take truck for a MECHNICAL Inspection well worth the money could save you thousands for only 60-100 bucks for piece of mind..

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking at an 2003 gmc 2500 hd duramax. THey guy has said that it has been all highway drive. but it has got 319 000 km on it with 4100 engine hrs. Im wondeirng if that sound right if it is all highway miles. It has had all the injectors redone 60000 km ago. what else should i be worrying about witha d max. What do you guys think. is 319 000 to high is everythiung goign to start going? thanks

Well your average speed is 77 kph, almost twice what most trucks avg speed is ( 50 ). While it is known that the hr meter can reset, as JDMan already said, I suspect with 4100 his is ok. Mine has reset about 10 times, I rarely get over 50h......

Like the boys said get an inspection. I'd try to save a few pennies and get a new one.

On your test drive, hold it pinned through the shift into top gear. If the tranny is weak that is the most likely to limp it, and you can walk away.

Ask to see a cold start on the engine. watch for abnormal smoke from tailpipe. Listen to it.

loffelbein88

Reaction score
Just so you guys know that it is possible to reset your hour meter on( i know guy are going to say impossible but listen) awhile back i had a weak battery one day while attempting to start it didnt have enough juice to crank over and the driver info center flashed and come back on with everything but the odometer set at zero.
I work at a dealer.never heard of that but cool.

loffelbein88

Reaction score
get the 2004 expecially if it has the LLY engine in it. I have one with 330 000 km on it and it has not given me a single hickup yet. Most reliable truck I have owned so far.

they started putting the LLY in around mid 2004. I am not sure how releiable the LB1 is compared to the LLY. Both trucks are more than likley good though. I would recomend running them through a shop before you buy so that you can find out what you are buing and how much it is going to cost to fix

LB7 you mean not LB1

Top Bottom