Okay guys help on diesel decision?

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a GM owner for a while now, and have treated me well, no issues to speak of. Not impressed with 2011's and where they placed the Urea tank. Outside the frame behind the right front wheel. :confused:

05Cummins

Reaction score
It's a tough thing to pick a new diesel these days the big 3 have all stepped up.

I was a die hard chevy guy bought a Dmax actually had so many issues towed to the dealer 8 times in 20 thousand kms had multiple front ends done and lots of other issues that it was bought back.

But I loved the inside it was comfy and quiet

Bought my 2005 Dodge after the Dmax rode rougher louder inside horrible seats but the truck mechanicly worked decent did injectors and upgraded the trans (my choice it was still ok).

When it came time to purchase a new dually We went with the Ford F450 6.7 lariat Im in no way a ford fan but this truck is pretty impressive.

We have a new Dodge dually and chev dually in the family aswell.

Anyway all 3 trucks have there strong points and weak pionts.

If I was doing all hwy miles towing under 13 000 pounds. And wanted a nice smooth ride with decent power and milage I would go chev.

If I drove a mix of Hwy and gravel I would go Dodge minding they do have weaker trans then the ford and are about par with the allison.

If I was doin more off hwy driving and wanted to keep the truck all stock and drive and go it would probably be a ford and they have a very nice inside and they are a tough off hwy truck.

If I could have my dream truck well.

That would have to be a Ford chassis and trans AAM axles cummins engine and a GM inside.

Top Bottom