2003 Banshee build

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just figured I'd post up how my Banshee build is going. Everybody likes looking at the nice pictures and wrenching on their quads. :beer:

Basically, engine is away being refreshed with a slightly larger bore, and I'm stripping the rest down to get some PC done and then begin moddin' 'er up. As far as motor mods go, it will just be pipe, dome, reeds, jets, filter, intake and boost bottle. The rest of my funds will go towards tires/wheels, and making it look good and factory. The graphics and some of the body work is a little surprise. :d

If I actually find that I need more power out of this pig, then I'll look into engine mods.

Attachments

• IMG_0687.jpg
    IMG_0687.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0695.jpg
    IMG_0695.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_0697.jpg
    IMG_0697.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0702.jpg
    IMG_0702.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 196

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now that's a lightweight quad.:d:d Keep them pictures rolling.

Thanks, she sure is right now! It was nice unloading it from the truck. Now I just need to grab my engine when it's all done and get the frame a new colour.

I'll probably have more pictures up by tomorrow night.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So basically last night I ended it for the day by getting the upper A-arms off with my buddy. The plan for today when I get home will be to get the lower arms off, the swing arm, spindles, etc... Check swing arm bearings and all that fancy stuff.

Basically, the upper left A-arm bolt was the biggest pain to get out, the bolt was bent inside the arm. The mounts are still good, but the right side A-arm has a big dent. The previous owner smacked something real good!

I'll get some more pictures up when I get workin' on it some more. My buddy is going to polish up some YFZ 450 Arms for it today so if all goes well I should get a pic of those as well before I send 'em in for PC.

Speaking of PC, anyone know of a good place to send in my frame? What does it usually cost?

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
right on! I really enjoyed building up my shee. A couple of tips for you if you would like......Boost bottle....waste of time and money. It doesn't do anything but, tear intake boots, and crowd your engine. It doesn't add power. Also while you have your banshee down to the frame, cut off all the unneeded tabs and brackets. Just makes for a nice clean look and sheds some weight. You could also look into welding gussets onto the weak spots, mainly the steering hoop and sub frame.

anyway, good luck and enjoy!

For more tips, ideas and info, visit BansheeHQ - Home

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
right on! I really enjoyed building up my shee. A couple of tips for you if you would like......Boost bottle....waste of time and money. It doesn't do anything but, tear intake boots, and crowd your engine. It doesn't add power. Also while you have your banshee down to the frame, cut off all the unneeded tabs and brackets. Just makes for a nice clean look and sheds some weight. You could also look into welding gussets onto the weak spots, mainly the steering hoop and sub frame.

anyway, good luck and enjoy!

For more tips, ideas and info, visit BansheeHQ - Home

Thanks man, Your Banshee looks rock solid! I hope mine turns out that way too. Thanks for the info as well, I'll register there in a bit after I take my swing arm off. I'll also get some pics up of it in just a bit as well.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for a lack of updates, but the Banshee is nothing but bare frame. Its going to get sanded and painted a nice orange and my buddy can Bedline plastics very nicely, so It'll be a sweet textured black. I'll get some pics of that soon once I start getting to that.

Right now the frame sits in the back of my truck (I took it to get washed and I'm a little lazy to take it out) :d

Anyways, I'll let the pics do the talking 'cuz thats usually what everyone is after in build threads.

BTW, I don't have a pic of it yet with just the frame, but I should have a pic of it when it's a nice orange. And I'm still debating on lining my plastics. Any objections, speak up now. ;) Also, I plan to trim up the fenders in the front a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_0721.jpg
    IMG_0721.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0717.jpg
    IMG_0717.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0712.jpg
    IMG_0712.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 170

ghglenn

Reaction score
I would be concerned about the weight flexing the fenders. Why not just get replacement plastics?

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be concerned about the weight flexing the fenders. Why not just get replacement plastics?

The cost to get them to canada is too expensive, My Laker's plastic for my YFZ450 cost me 400 bucks for just shipping. Besides, my buddy already did this to his YFZ's stock plastic and it's holding up great, and it holds very well, no drooping of the fenders and we even stabbed it with a screw driver. Didn't to a thing to it.

Next time I see him I'll grab a pic for you guys.

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for a lack of updates, but the Banshee is nothing but bare frame. Its going to get sanded and painted a nice orange and my buddy can Bedline plastics very nicely, so It'll be a sweet textured black. I'll get some pics of that soon once I start getting to that.

Right now the frame sits in the back of my truck (I took it to get washed and I'm a little lazy to take it out) :d

Anyways, I'll let the pics do the talking 'cuz thats usually what everyone is after in build threads.

BTW, I don't have a pic of it yet with just the frame, but I should have a pic of it when it's a nice orange. And I'm still debating on lining my plastics. Any objections, speak up now. ;) Also, I plan to trim up the fenders in the front a bit.

PFFFFT ORANGE frame has already been DONE pic a different color!!!!

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BTW, Its copper :d

Attachments

• IMG_1026.jpg
    IMG_1026.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 146

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BTW, Its copper :d

just a few questions? if you went through all this work to get it painted why didnt you remover the chain rollers and steering stem bearing and seal? seems like ALOT of work (as i would know) to skip out on details!

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just a few questions? if you went through all this work to get it painted why didnt you remover the chain rollers and steering stem bearing and seal? seems like ALOT of work (as i would know) to skip out on details!

good pick up.. i know on my 450 getting the bearing out is very tricky without the proper tool (.75 cent ready rod nut from home depot) but on another note, maybe he purposly left them to get covered in paint to keep the openings clean and he is planning on replacing them. i threaded in bolts on every spot before mine was powder coated.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

When paint gets into where the bearing sits, it makes it that much harder to get the new one in. The bearing in there is shot anyways so I thought I'd just leave it until I'm done painting. The rollers are seized so I didn't bother with them at this time. I'm pullin' 'em out once re-assembly starts.

good pick up.. i know on my 450 getting the bearing out is very tricky without the proper tool (.75 cent ready rod nut from home depot) but on another note, maybe he purposly left them to get covered in paint to keep the openings clean and he is planning on replacing them. i threaded in bolts on every spot before mine was powder coated.

:beer::beer:

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

X2 and what about all those ugly useless brackets and tabs? Looking good though.

Top Bottom