2002 Dodge 2500 leveling kit

drunkukrainian

Reaction score
Just lookin for a bit of advice here...pickin up a 2002 Cummins for a sled hauler and was looking at throwing a leveling kit at it. Looking on the google machine, i find that some sell the basic spacer kits that i'm familiar with, and then others sell an entire new spring and shock. I can understand the factory shock maybe being too short to stretch another 2 inches or so, but just kind of curious if anyone with a little more experience with them knows if the spring/shock swap is totally necessary, or if cheaping out on the spacer is fine.

Might as well throw this in too, looking into my first sled deck, kinda eyeballing the X Decks, good/bad? Open to some suggestions here too...but trying to keep it under $3500ish.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're planning to use a sled deck, plan on also doing air bags if you do a levelling kit. My '03 3500 Cummins sat about 2-3" high in the back when empty and with a deck & two sleds, it was level. My '07 Cummins 3500 had a levelling kit and sagged when the deck and sleds were on it, so I ended up putting air bags in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

drunkukrainian

Reaction score
Already has them. Old truck driver at work had it set up for pulling his horse trailer, so it's got bags, intake, exhaust, tune, fass pump and tranny work. Plus just repainted it and rebuilt the front end. Thinking it should be pretty good to go.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I was going to do it again,I would go with the 1.5" kit not the 2".I put the 2" in my truck and with 1 sled
and gear in the box,I am higher in the front than the back.(by a tad)
Just my 2 cents.
On a side note if we don't have pennies anymore are we supposed to say just my nickel instead of 2 cents?

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just running the spacer is fine. I think the ones that come with a different spring and shock just allow more travel. If you use the spacers they usually supply a taller bumpstop for the axle, for the 3inch spacers anyways.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
We do lots do the 2" spacers at work... Go with them, and stock shocks are fine... When the stock shocks wear out, put the 2" longer rancho shocks on... U won't be disappointed. With the rear airbags and deck and sleds you're good to go. I would run the full setup over a weigh scale before travelling into bc to make sure you're legal weights with a fully loaded 3/4 ton.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keagan M

Reaction score
Hey buddy i also have a 2002 dodge cummins i put a 2 inch spacer in the front new shocks all around,BD track bar,sway bar ends and steering box stabilizer along with new steering gear box and lines,steering shaft,pitman arm,2010 steering upgrade and plan on doing ball joints,axle seals,bearings and axle joint,if yo want a nice ride you have to pretty much redo the whole front end but well worth it i tell ya,good luck on what ever route you go.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the best ride, handling, and front end reliability leave it stock height in the front. Dodge's have junk front ends and levelling kits and 315's just take an even quicker toll on them.

Top Bottom