2002 800 rmk - antifreeze leaking from coolant manifold under exhaust Y

pmike

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first time posting (so hopefully I do it right...), just want to say thanks to all for the vast information on this site, it has helped me through my ordeal!
I bought a 2002 800 RMK in the summer without riding it and found out once home that the runout on the crank was 7.5 thousands...so pulled the motor and sent it off for a line bore and wide bearing crank. So just got the motor back into the sled and noticed antifreeze leaking from the coolant manifold that supplies the crankcase with antifreeze (under the exhaust Y pipe). Of course these were the only o-rings i didn't replace when I rebuilt it, so I removed the tube, replaced the single oring on each port, and re-installed...still leaking.
Am I missing something or what gives? Seems simple enough but not sure why its leaking? Thanks in advance! Mike

pmike

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first time posting (so hopefully I do it right...), just want to say thanks to all for the vast information on this site, it has helped me through my ordeal!
I bought a 2002 800 RMK in the summer without riding it and found out once home that the runout on the crank was 7.5 thousands...so pulled the motor and sent it off for a line bore and wide bearing crank. So just got the motor back into the sled and noticed antifreeze leaking from the coolant manifold that supplies the crankcase with antifreeze (under the exhaust Y pipe). Of course these were the only o-rings i didn't replace when I rebuilt it, so I removed the tube, replaced the single oring on each port, and re-installed...still leaking.
Am I missing something or what gives? Seems simple enough but not sure why its leaking? Thanks in advance! Mike

Turns out it the o-ring from the gasket set was the wrong thickness, and wasn't sealing properly. Went to Polaris to get orings and good to go...beware of aftermarket gasket sets, I would go OEM if doing it again...

Top Bottom