2000 800 rmk engine questions

moeszyslak

Reaction score
sorry for the lenghty write up for the description of what happened.

i have a 2000 800 rmk. ihad some problems today, i was riding along and all of a sudden the engine was bogging and i didnt have any power. opened the hood and found a loose spark plug, tightened and started, ran like normal for about 100 yards. then it did the same think again, pulled plugs, one was fouled so i replaced it, started and ran like normal again but it only made it another 100 feet and a died. i grab the pull rope and it wont pull out, so i try to turn engine over with the clutch and it felt fine and turned . it didnt feel like it was locked up or anything. so by this time i am somewhat pissed so i try to start it again and on the second pull the rope broke.

when i returned home i pulled the head to see if there was any damage but everything looks good, no ridges or anything. i fixed the pull rope but i dont know what else would cause my problem that i can check without tearing the motor apart anymore. what do you think could be some causes of this. i am thinking worst case, something with the crank is the problem but i am wondering if there is any other possible thing that it could be. i was wondering if the magneto could have possible quit working and loss of spark. i ont know just thinking. i am thinking about putting everything back together and seeing what happens.
thanks for any info and please ask me any questions that might help

darkday

Reaction score
take the plugs out and the belt off, turn it over with the clutch, it should turn over easily by hand. try going forward and then backwards, if there is a crank problem you should be able to feel it in the transition from forward to backwards.

Top Bottom