2002 RMK 800 kill switch help?

anbjorn

Reaction score
Hey guys i'm new to this whole forum deal but figured it might be a good place to start. I just picked up an 2002 RMK 800 151' sled last week. It has had quite a few aftermarket "body mods" one off which was the hood and handle bars; while doing so one of the previous owners decided that the kill switch wasn't at the top of the list and left it off...I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on a replacement switch that will work? I'm unfamiliar with the sled in general not sure if the switch is normally open or closed on that make and model? and then a lot of the wiring harnesses have been clipped and i'm not positive which wires originally went to a kill switch? any help would be greatly appreciated. Can't seem to find any sort of wiring diagrams for the sled?
Thanks,
Tom

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the switch is normally open it will have two wires and you will be completing a ground. on Polaris one of the wires is brown which is a ground and the other is black. The black can have a white strip when it comes off the cdi plug. On a poo if the brown and black touch sled dies you will see that throughout the switches.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best thing you can do for yourself is order a polaris deep snow shop manual for your sled. the wiring diagrams suppied are excellent

Top Bottom