2000 700 rmk engine trouble

aggraa

Reaction score
today was a stunning bluebird morning after 3 days snow, about 2 inch crust then 40cm powder on top of the 1m base thats been accumulating since xmas,
warmed sled for 15 mins , turned off for 10 mins for heat soak ,then had slow 1km ride down track before i peeled off into a 2km long field that heads up into the mountains.opened it up and was just kind of gently carving limbering up before the hard work climbing the mountain, doing maybe 50-60 mph
not WOT ..... then engine slows up and dies.
took plugs out ....looked fine, took y-pipe off ....pistons intact and could not see any scoring of pistons or cylinder.
took belt off and when turning the clutch by hand the engine will nearly do a full cycle but then sticks......when turning the engine backwards ,all is smooth no resistance ,grating or nasty noises.
got sled off the hill and back home into the workshop,in the morning gonna pull it apart
any ideas where to start looking?
sled has run perfect for the 2 years i have had it.
thanks in advance
aaron

aggraa

Reaction score
yep its the pto big end bearing gone! is this fixable or is it new engine time?
can anyone recommend a company that sells either warrentied or servicable engines?
kind of resigned to the fact i will not ride it again this season, so i have time to make sure the fix lasts me at least 2 more seasons.
as i live in bulgaria,spares are a nightmare to get ...5-6 weeks is the fastest yet!

Top Bottom