2010 Polaris Dragon 800 RMK engine issues

Jonathan1986

Reaction score
Bought a 2010 dragon new ocober 2010. Drove it 50 miles fallowing the break in procedure from the dealership. The engine blew up causing scoring on the cylinder walls/pistons. Polaris warrantied the sled and replaced the cylinder, pistons, rings, and reprogrammed the sled. Sled ran good with update with no problems for the remainder of the season. Drove it the next season for a 100 miles before going to the mountians, checked compression before going. 119psi/side. In the mountains I put on about 300-400miles and during that time i had an engine light blinking. Could be reset by turning off/on the sled. When i got back i took the sled into the dealership to get the code read and found out it was a predetination code and that my engine was going/blown. They took a compression test and found 110/90psi, pulled apart the top end and found scoring on the exhaust side of my cylinders. I only run the sled between 110F-130F and it runs at 122F warmed up with proper cooling. Only run shell premium 0% ethanol. 1068 weights in lower altitudes and 1062 in the mountains as recommended by the dealership. Never run the sled in the midrange or in one throttle psition for any extended period of time. Any ideas on whats causing these engine problems?

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pm Chrisco or call parkland Motorsports he'll get you sorted out, one of the very few that can sort these sleds out, gives us s&m guys good deals too, one of the forum vendors top dealers and wicked service, recommend them to anyone

Top Bottom