12' Pro Rmk Gremlins ....Help !!

rydemx

Reaction score
12' pro rmk 800 . 1750 miles on the clock . The last 4 rides have been a nightmare . It's been idling down to 900 rpm and even low enough the gauges go out . Had the tps reset /checked and they adjusted throttle cable free play (dealer). Worked better then ever for a few hours the next ride and then it did the same thing . So I took everything apart and found tps plug in was full of water . Checked tps .71 Volt it was still good . Di-electric greased EVERY electrical connection on the sled . Also changed fuel filter an cleaned power valves , checked everything over .Fired up this morning , idled at 1800 aprox and Ran excellent today for 5 hrs . Then it started to idle down to 900rpm and gauges would cut out. Rode out and power was fine , got down to truck and just as I loaded sled it was idling at 2400rpm and then the check engine light would flash and it died . Was very hard to start again and would only run if the throttle was held on . What is going on!!?? Throttle safety switch? I'm ready to burn this sled to the ground .
Yes the sled is on warranty but it doesn't cover electrical diagnosis and I know there's some knowledgable ppl on here! Any help would be great .

I swapped the fuel resister around today , no change .
Turned hand warmers etc off , no change in the low idle
Sled has 120lbs compression on both cylinders as of last ride

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has your sled ever gotten really hot?? A pro in my group did that exact same thing and the cooling system was air locked and it would go into limp mode then clear itself up for a bit then ran like crap again. Tip it on its side while running and crack the cap on the coolant bottle and see if air comes out.

My sled also would only idle at 1000 rpm and the guage would flash and turn off. Felt like it was running on one cylinder basically. Pulled my plugs out and they were really black and fouled and the top of the throttle side plug was all black from misfiring. Put new spark boots on and fresh plugs and its been good since.

Jeffpro800

Reaction score
Was your tps replaced or reset? Also you may want to try an analog multimeter ( one with a needle) on the tps squeeze throttle and watch needle movement, it should be smooth with no "flat" spots. if its suspect at all i would get your dealer to replace tps. Also check electrical connections again for a loose plug. Make sure before using dieelectric grease that connections are clean and dry, look for electrical arcing on contacts. Good luck!

Top Bottom