1998rmk wedge vs 2000rmk 700 gen 2

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from what i recall, ( i am probably wrong but what i was told) the 200 rmk floated better than the 98 rmk did. but honestly i didnt notice much difference in either of mine. felt the same, i did like the headlight better on the 2000 lol :p

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had both and I think the 98 was a better machine!My 99 was a moody thing.I don't know if the compensater was screwy but it ran crappy.Handling wise they were pretty close after I took the factory bars off the 99 and tossed them!The new ones did have better lighting though.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those of you that dont know they are the same sled but with a different belly pan and hood.

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those of you that dont know they are the same sled but with a different belly pan and hood.

But that belly pan difference makes a world of change in deep snow and drifts, from what ive heard the 2000 had better flotation.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But that belly pan difference makes a world of change in deep snow and drifts, from what ive heard the 2000 had better flotation.

The belly pan shouldnt make much difference if you have a wedge with the most amazing attack angle known to sledding.

Klingon Warrior

Reaction score
hey i was wondering what do u guys prefeer a 1998 rmk 700 wedge chassis or a 1999-2000 rmk 700 gen 2 chassis.

I had a 98 XC700 that had been long tracked, V-Force Reeds, SLP Pipes, it was an awesome machine, still running today, wedge chassis, cut my teeth in the mountains on it, then went to a 2003 Pro-X, edge chassis, again long tracked, not much difference in handling, both were more wider in ski stance and handled differently than the Dragon I ride today, which is definitely better in the steep and deep. Pro-X is lots better on flatland, or trail riding, more stable,,

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There the same sled just differnt style. Ive owend a wedge chassis and riddin a gen 2 lots. the only thing that I like better on the gen 2 is the seat.

Top Bottom