09 XP Jetting

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I checked the oil and it is getting enough. I put in exactly 1 L for 40L of fuel so I am happy with that. I don't leave the black steeks around here at home but I do in the mountains. I might jet er down and see what happens. Gotta love Warenty just won't get the jets from the brp dealer will have to go see Glen.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how much oil are you using.

maxwell is on track with this question as well. The sled is an '08?

There were reports of the oil injection cable fraying and breaking. When it does this it remains in the full open position and floods your system with full oil all the time. Double check your throttlecable/injection cable to the injector.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine just had 460's installed in his...absolutely loves it. Says it's way better. What it will be like in the long run...I have no idea but myself..I find mine all right the way it is and we have the same sled.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I checked the oil and it is getting enough. I put in exactly 1 L for 40L of fuel so I am happy with that. I don't leave the black steeks around here at home but I do in the mountains. I might jet er down and see what happens. Gotta love Warenty just won't get the jets from the brp dealer will have to go see Glen.

If you are running 40:1 on the flats, your oil will be oil rich in the mountains. DPM will compensate fuel and not oil for elevation.

Blaine, how does it look for airborne smoke? When it is warm you should not see too much smoke in the air.

My 08, after adjusting the oil pump, uses 38:1 oil and is awesome in fuel consumption. Never did check the jets, but the plugs are, I would say one step rich, but who cares it feels crisp, and seems to burn clean.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No there isn't alot of airborne smoke just a bit of a black streak in the snow but only at elevation not here on the flats.
I was just wanting to know if it was safe to go down 1 or 2 sizes and still be able to ride it at home and in the hills. I did it with the 06 and didn't have any issues.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No there isn't alot of airborne smoke just a bit of a black streak in the snow but only at elevation not here on the flats.
I was just wanting to know if it was safe to go down 1 or 2 sizes and still be able to ride it at home and in the hills. I did it with the 06 and didn't have any issues.
Well, it's just like the old days, do a long pull for about a minute, hit the kill switch, and check your plugs. If it's ok down here, you should be ok up high. I would check both at low and at high elevation.

Top Bottom