08 800 rzr to check over and to do list

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What model? With trailering arms or A frame rear suspension?

Im not to sure. Earlier on this thread a guy was saying tex should have gotten a 900, I was jw when poo started offering a 900 in the rzr

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not to sure. Earlier on this thread a guy was saying tex should have gotten a 900, I was jw when poo started offering a 900 in the rzr
Didn't want a wide one

They do make a 900 in the narrow stance now

Think it's just 2014 and up tho

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like also already mentioned the WIDE RZR such as the "S" or any of the wider stance unit's are not as functional in this area. Yes i know it surprises you guy's east of the rockies. For guy's running logging road's/fire road's or burning around in ATV/UTV designated areas the wider units are great but in this area the trail's are tight, narrow and can be very steep. So if your really wanting to explore the remoteness of this area the narrower unit's is your best option. Plus there are not nearly as many SXS compared to quad's around here and so trail's are generally better suited for narrower machines. There are many area's you would never get the wider unit's in, unless you were planning on cutting alot of tree's down and regrading a trail.
As for the motor, all riding around here can easily be done with the cheaper to own 800. Why pay more for an only available in 2014 as a 50" "900" unit, it won't get you into places around here any quicker. But it will make your wallet poorer.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So got mew bearing for front, pressed it in, bolted knuckle up and installed hub-rotor... It's loose..

Like w.t.f...

Just as tripster says... Can't get the original size one from polaris
Have to buy update.... That would have been nice to know before I pressed bearing in...

Thanks tripster, I'll keep that other bearing for the other side....

On a side note the pression u joint 820 is the one for the front drive shaft

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So got mew bearing for front, pressed it in, bolted knuckle up and installed hub-rotor... It's loose..

Like w.t.f...

Just as tripster says... Can't get the original size one from polaris
Have to buy update.... That would have been nice to know before I pressed bearing in...

Thanks tripster, I'll keep that other bearing for the other side....

On a side note the pression u joint 820 is the one for the front drive shaft
oh jeff, I told ya to buy the new housing and bearing, but nooooo. sounds like typical Polaris crap!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh jeff, I told ya to buy the new housing and bearing, but nooooo. sounds like typical Polaris crap!
Ya, but I wanted it mobile

If I would have known the new bearing was the bigger updated one, I may have ordered online as mentioned

Yes I agree typical polaris

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update !!!!!!!

Rainy creek may have lowered some prices on parts

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I called rainy creek

Had both bearings, also had clutch rollers, where no one here had any and some are back ordered

But coast dealer had some and are coming out for a sled trip, so they are bringing some

Top Bottom