08 800 rzr to check over and to do list

tripster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If there isn't a casting # you can measure the hub where the bearing rides and a dealer should be able to tell you. The kit # is 2204717 and I got mine from these guys Polaris Parts - PolarisParts123.com I will look tomorrow to see if I still have my old hubs around to see what size they are.

tripster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No hubs but I do have a new bearing for the original hubs and the ID on it is 40mm. If you can use the stock bearing you can have it I can send it postage collect or might be able to get it sent with lordco to one of their stores near you.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No hubs but I do have a new bearing for the original hubs and the ID on it is 40mm. If you can use the stock bearing you can have it I can send it postage collect or might be able to get it sent with lordco to one of their stores near you.
I will measure it tomorrow , got the knuckle off

Going to take it out and see if bearing shop has one

If not I might take ya up on that, then I will do some research

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If there isn't a casting # you can measure the hub where the bearing rides and a dealer should be able to tell you. The kit # is 2204717 and I got mine from these guys Polaris Parts - PolarisParts123.com I will look tomorrow to see if I still have my old hubs around to see what size they are.
Have ya ever had to piss with the front drive shaft u joints??

The dealer is telling me they can't get u joints for it

It's got outside retainers so I'd say u can

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

PM Andy (Rzr101)....I'm sure he had to change the whole shaft on his 800. BUT...after he got it out he sourced u-joints so now he has a replacement shaft. IF I recall correctly....I drink a lot when I'm in his garage....

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

U joints and hanger brg from Pats driveline. Joints are like from a pto shaft. Hanger brg off a Nissan or something.

If I remember correct u joints 14.00 and brg 30.00. Easy to remove too.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No steady bearing ray, just joint to joint

Looks like a pression 338 is what I need

I hope after knocking the pin out, there is enough to side shaft back and off front diff

I've got the knuckle off so axle is easy to pop out of the way if I need too, but looking at it if I drop the back part of the skid plate might go through there, below engine

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the lift in last nite, front diff oil done,

W.t.f, plastic bushings for the control arms - knuckles.... Dumb engineering

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the lift in last nite, front diff oil done,

W.t.f, plastic bushings for the control arms - knuckles.... Dumb engineering

Garage guys, for bushings

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes 40 mm I'd and 71 mm out side

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Garage guys, for bushings
don't have for ranger900, but superatv has the steel shafts plus the delrin bushings for $98 complete kit. bet jeff needs a set to, probably thinks wheel bearings are the culprit. lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't have for ranger900, but superatv has the steel shafts plus the delrin bushings for $98 complete kit. bet jeff needs a set to, probably thinks wheel bearings are the culprit. lol
Front wheel bearing forsure , will recheck after, so loose u can't even tell what else lol

Rears the knuckle wobbles and grease nipples wobble.... Pretty much explains itself

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sent garage guys a e-mail, looks like that is what you have to do as his web site is not up to date.

ya wiggle the wheel and it looks like bearing gone, but usually it is the a-arm bushings, seems to be a yearly replacement thing. I put grease nipples in last year and could have gotten another year maybe?

tripster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want the bearing I have PM me a name & phone number and a lordco store near you and I can get it sent up no charge. With the old front hubs some are to short in the spline to tighten on the axle and with the axle nut tight it is still loose like a wheel bearing but you can use an extra washer that fits over the spline to fix.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy hell, what a fawking pain in the azz to get that drive shaft out

Diff has to move, had to use ratchet strap pulling on shaft and air hammer going same way to get off engine... Retarded...

Looks like 338 u joints are right, I will find out tomorrow

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426793791.320161.jpg

This style rear suspension?

Top Bottom