08 800 rzr to check over and to do list

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So bought a used rzr, has lots of km( 9700) on it, but 70 year old guy owned it and was in better shape that lots of others with 2000 km

I'm going to do all the fluids, belt, check over the arms, bearings ect... Maintaince stuff

But any thing else I should be doing??

Going to get a 2 inch lift kit... What brand as there is soooo many

Hard doors is a must ... Also what brand, I seen a post on utv doors, they look ok, mabe better than proarmor ones

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So bought a used rzr, has lots of km( 9700) on it, but 70 year old guy owned it and was in better shape that lots of others with 2000 km

I'm going to do all the fluids, belt, check over the arms, bearings ect... Maintaince stuff

But any thing else I should be doing??

Going to get a 2 inch lift kit... What brand as there is soooo many

Hard doors is a must ... Also what brand, I seen a post on utv doors, they look ok, mabe better than proarmor ones

Nice, your going to enjoy that thing this summer.
I put a "High Lifter" 2 inch lift on mine and it really really helped. Now i hardly ever bash the pan. They really don't need much to make a difference.
The kit i put on is very basic and easy to install, it gives an honest 2" in the front and 1 1/2" in the rear of lift, no CV binding and cost around $80.
I also ditched the front and rear sway bar's, that also improved the entire way the RZR work's in off camber situation and maintaining traction.
I'm checking out doors now and hoping to get some, haven't decided on which one's. I know i would like aluminum framing and poly sheeting and no steel.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do a compression check and look over the air intake. Those things are famous for getting dusted.
Ya I have heard of that, but 10000 km I would assume it's good if it made it this long
Front diff sprague should prob be changed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I know they are weak, I'm sure the old guy didn't ride it hard, although he is gone, hence the sale of the rzr

So some questions about this and that I can't ask lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lund, these are the doors I was looking at, seen a post on how they don't rattle ect uploadfromtaptalk1425953283548.jpg

tripster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are thinking of a lift you might want to consider a yz/ltr shock conversion you get a 1 1/2" lift and way better shocks. There is a post with complete instructions on the rzr forum site. It took me about an hour to do mine.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's most likely dusted, springs are shot and all maintenance stuff will need replacing.....hope you got it cheap. First thing snorkel it to a better air filter & location. It will work Tex but , that's a lot of miles !!
watch your throttle body / air intake connection boot. I would of stepped up to the 900 , you will be disappointed with the power......

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, don't need the power as much here Nev

Just open roads and trails, 26-27 tires

Push snow and Jackie and I can get up where we skidoo

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, don't need the power as much here Nev

Just open roads and trails, 26-27 tires

Push snow and Jackie and I can get up where we skidoo

Ya big power around here is not really needed as 90% of the riding is done at crawl speeds over technical terrain, open logging roads are about the fast's he will see and only to go to the next trail system. IMO you can save some money with the 800 and use the extra buying body armor from the mines it will encounter on these nasty trails.
I have the 26", but should had gone 27". 28" for our area with out widening the stance is too much imo. These units tip over fairly easy on technical ground, i've tip mine over with the 26" and had it balancing many times on edge of tipping, the taller 28" would of upset the unit for sure, while my smaller 26" kept it on its feet. We don't have a lot of mud so big tall tires are not as important as tires that keep you up right and on its 4 feet.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol u guys are funny

Did ya want me to buy a cheap rhino or gator ???

The older rzr are cheap, cause they are cheap lol

Didn't want a new one, there's not much used out here... Went with what I could find... More sporty than a rhino too

If I had ur guys cash, I'd buy a new kawi tyrex, the storage ect is just awsome on them new ones

But over twice the price so....

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hugh, "God of side by side" just doesn't seem to ring as well. We gonna get a ride in this year?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In Arizona for a while, and speaking of Kawis there is a ton of there 4 seaters here . They are street legal here and more popular than jeeps...lol
Every fourth vehicle is a SXS , drive to the lake, then the trails and the drive through all in one day....
Lake havasu rocks......

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hugh, "God of side by side" just doesn't seem to ring as well. We gonna get a ride in this year?
Yes forsure , u have to come out dean, this one trail Reminds me of nordegg area riding

Am I may try and make it out for the nordegg ride if I can

Top Bottom