07 dodge 5.9 or 6.7

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My biggest beef is dodges p.o.s front end.

I'm so sick and Tyred of axle u joints, ball joints, wheel bearings ( which the newer trucks have a bit less problems)
Even ford has a greaseable axle u joint even tho it has a part time hub.
A factory greaseable ujoint would help a dodge out till it needs Balljoints

Even a o ring like a ford to seal the bearing from sticking into the spindle.

I would never by a dodge cause of this.

Just my 2 cents

sent from my htc

The problem is with greasable joints is NO ONE GREASES THEM! With morons going 10,000 kms between oil changes,the u-joints dry out before they have a chance. You'd be surpeised how much penetrating fluid helps in removal and a little anti sieze for re-assembly( you know you'll be doing it again)

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh ya don't worry they get a ton of copper coat.

My modo is make it easy for the next guy cause it could be u...

sent from my htc

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 195,000 k's on my 07 and just did the ball joints in it.I have seen the guy's who drive in the bush all the time go through ball joints like crazy though.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are looking for a used unit, so with that in mind I recommend the 5.9. I ran a Bully Dog in my '05 5.9, boosted to 440 HP and loved it. Great fuel economy also. The only Delete that I had on mine was the cat. If you have to do a lot of delete it all starts to add up cost wise. Summitric would be a good one to talk to about the cost difference. I have an '11 6.7 and if I were to compare it to stock to stock against my '05 5.9 It would be the 5.9. Granted the '11 has way more bling and long range creature comforts than my ,05 did. I have no experience with any of the delete 6.7's but an doing my home work and waiting to see what happens with the emissions laws before I start deleting anything on My 6.7.

If any one has any news on the rumors of emission checks coming into effect I would be interested to hear what they have to say. I would hate to delete one year just to find out that I have to re-install it to pass an emissions test to be able to register it for the road.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Sounds like you are looking for a used unit, so with that in mind I recommend the 5.9. I ran a Bully Dog in my '05 5.9, boosted to 440 HP and loved it. Great fuel economy also. The only Delete that I had on mine was the cat. If you have to do a lot of delete it all starts to add up cost wise. Summitric would be a good one to talk to about the cost difference. I have an '11 6.7 and if I were to compare it to stock to stock against my '05 5.9 It would be the 5.9. Granted the '11 has way more bling and long range creature comforts than my ,05 did. I have no experience with any of the delete 6.7's but an doing my home work and waiting to see what happens with the emissions laws before I start deleting anything on My 6.7.

If any one has any news on the rumors of emission checks coming into effect I would be interested to hear what they have to say. I would hate to delete one year just to find out that I have to re-install it to pass an emissions test to be able to register it for the road.

no emmissions laws in effect or even rumoured at alberta transportation

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
must be bc then??? Ric, u and i will have to talk turkey on dooin' a total delete on mine maybe this fall.

no problem......... Probably doo my own in the fall too :) .......... Can't wait to get better gas mileage and power........ How many clicks on yours now? I have 25k on mine, and 7500 of that was the trip to palm springs and back........

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got 17K on mine. the ole klick meter don't talley when sittin in the driveway. Company truck on the other-hand gets major mileage.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I got 17K on mine. the ole klick meter don't talley when sittin in the driveway. Company truck on the other-hand gets major mileage.

i have only blinged up my truck and installed an H&S xrt pro, programmer and set to mild, for gas mileage improvement, but in the next while, will be dooin' the H&S mini max, egr delete, dpf delete, etc..... gas mileage will go from average 19L/100kms to approximately 12L/100kms

Top Bottom