07 800 questions

Doo-er

Reaction score
Just picked up this atv and had my first ride this weekend, however did have a few issues.

1. While riding I was getting shocked at the handlebars? After working the throtle a few times I would touch metal on the rights side and get shocked. Sometimes I would touch the brake lever and would get a small one. I have to have a short somewhere so I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar issue and where did you find your problem.

2. ATV didn't come with a manual and now on the dash a little wrench has shown up. What does this mean and how do I clear it?

3. Is there a place online I can download a manual?

thanks

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the wrench is just your service reminder. it will tell you in the owners manual how to reset it or turn it off. here is a link to an owners maual for you.

H2O

Reaction score
If you are getting shocked, then I would suspect your spark plug leads or boots are leaking spark pulses to the frame.

Doo-er

Reaction score
If you are getting shocked, then I would suspect your spark plug leads or boots are leaking spark pulses to the frame.

Good point...did not think of that

Doo-er

Reaction score
Found the problem..........the handle bar bolt was rubbing against the wiring harness. Liquid wire, electric tape and rubber bolt covers = all good.

Top Bottom