05 honda 500 foreman

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are somethings one should look for when looking at a used 500 foreman?

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
What are somethings one should look for when looking at a used 500 foreman?

Lift the front wheels off the ground and make sure the wheel bearings are good and check the wear on the brake pads as well. Bearings go often on them. Its an easy fix if you do them yourself or the dealer usually wants a left testie if you have them do it.

I have had good luck with the 2005 500.
Oh and check airbox fittings for cracks and leaks... thats all I got :beer: :) :beer:

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
I rent out a 500 foreman, it is hard to keep that one in the yard!!!! has over 12000 km on it now......... Bearings go and rear brake pads if it has drums on the back like mine,,,,,, check the swing arm bearing as well push the back end side to side, if it is gone it will sound bad and move alot. any leaks on the motor or rear end??? nocking in the engine,,,,,,,,

Dadbro

Reaction score
I have a Honda 500 that takes a beating here in the Oil Patch. I agree lift the front end and check the wheel bearings, CV boots, Tie rod ends. I just replaced my bearings last week after 8000 km. The Tie rod ends should be replaced right away if they have not been done. the kit of 4 ends is like $80 and a few hours to change out. Another thing is the Rear brake cable seizes up and is a pain to replace. Remember these are work horses and not the most comfortable machines to ride all day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom