04 rev clutchs teardown

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ant thoughts tips or advice on tearing down prim and sec to replace helix and springs? I have the tools, just things to watch for. thanks

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had good luck with the hot water trick for the primary removal with a little grease on the end of the puller to add to the hydraulic affect. IMO No impact guns...IMO

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Ant thoughts tips or advice on tearing down prim and sec to replace helix and springs? I have the tools, just things to watch for. thanks

Is this the first teardown for this clutch? When I had my 2004 renegade primary apart a few years ago with 5000 miles I had a worn out roller.....everything else was good. Springs should be done every year for the best performance. I put a Dynamoe Joe clutch kit in mine......woke right up....Make sure you have the correct tools.....

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Duck, this is the 3rd teardown. The first 2 were done by the dealer. And yes I do have the proper tools either from skidoo or aftermarket. Thanks for the help, we'll see what happens.

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help Overkill and Duck, secondary done and no problems. Popped the outer half of the prim off and found the splines broken off the inner half and seized in the outer half. In the market for a new primary, any ideas where other than the dealer. What about aftermarket clutchs for a 04 rev 800?

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help Overkill and Duck, secondary done and no problems. Popped the outer half of the prim off and found the splines broken off the inner half and seized in the outer half. In the market for a new primary, any ideas where other than the dealer. What about aftermarket clutchs for a 04 rev 800?

That sucks. If you are going to look for used from what I've read and been told the 06X has the best out of the box clutching if ya can find one. But I'm bias as thats what mine is, been very happy with it.

600 SummX

Reaction score

My brother just bought an new drive clutch from specialty sled in edmonton, it's for an 05 model which i believe is the same as the 06. Paid about 850. for his. He took in the old one and they set it up ready to put on with a set of clickers. They took a few internal part and put them in the new one.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
get a p-85 polaris clutch will do wonders to your porformance, im sure more peeps on here will fill you in on details

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you put a p-85 on there i belive you have to an aftermarket secondary. A team secondary works really well. P-85 are very easy to tune.

Mr Doo

Reaction score
You are right, after tuning Polaris clutches since the 90's I have really found that these quick clickers on my doo sure are hard to turn. I miss the allan wrenches and magnets and spare weights, what was I thinking...:confused:

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
There are some great clips on YouTube…I just installed a Cudney Kit on my 04last weekend…no problems whatsoever if you have the correct tools…I made my spring compressor and bought the retainer clips and puller for 44 bucks.

This is a good vid of how to tear down the pri and sec.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2ULtu0uH2U[/media]

Top Bottom