04 Allison transmission upgrades

martincc

Reaction score
I have a 2004 duramax 2500 lb7. Have slipped the transmission towing now 4 times in OD. Edge Evolution CS on level 2 (towing mode). Not sure if it was the converter or the OD gear that slipped.. but it put the truck into limp mode. Anyone recomend a decent place to around Calgary to talk to about an upgrade? I don't need to make mega power.. but would like to run the edge on a higher setting than 1. Truck has 185k on it, it's only use is for going sledding so I dont need to put a pile of money into it. Any advice from people who've been down this road or even have a line on a good rebuilt trans? Thanks!

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heavy Hauler® Race Series Performance Best out there and not a hole lot more then stock......I realize your in calgary but im sure they can send one to your local shop to install. If you want to install your self im heading down to calgary easter long weekend for a small fee i will bring it up to ya.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heavy hauler is good, have one in my truck. Ted at Mpl motor sports in lacombe builds a good allison as well.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can try the gear centre,they are newer to doing the alison but there builder that is re-building them has 20 years experience and they dyno all there transmissions . what was your transmission temps running at? if the cooler is partially plugged they run hotter and transmission problems occur,especially if this has occured before

trannyguy

Reaction score
Give me a call if you are in Calgary. I own Accurate Transmission in the NW. We do lots of Allisons and Im sure we can fix you up. If you call me I can discuss what mods you want.
Doug
403-241-0200

Top Bottom