Reaction score
Ok so i pulled my codes and this is what she said:

P0761 shift solenoid c performance/stuck off
P0751 shift solenoid a performance/stuck off
P0767 shift soleoind b performance/stuck off

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good to know! thx modman. Maybe i'll just book it an appointment as its not froze right now.

ummm yea about that.. lol since i've owned the truck, it hasnt happened. honestly, until this week, i didnt know there was such thing as a 'tranny filter'! oops :dunno: I've had the truck since about 45000km, and am going to be doing a fluid and filter change right away with my oil change n fuel filter change

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thank u slomo <3 I've been hoping you'd find my thread lol

Wondered if there was something like this and it was only being fixed on an incident by incident basis. I'll be calling the dealer this morning to book it in.

THANKS so much to everyone whose been chiming in to help me with this problem! Def learned a few things along the way. Hopefully this is the fix, otherwise this thread will come alive again if its not :p

Last edited:

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
EFF. They wont take it :mad: bc there is no evidence. I shouldnt of cleared the codes, never even thought of that. If its not currently locked up or no codes they wont do the update. FRIGGG

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
EFF. They wont take it :mad: bc there is no evidence. I shouldnt of cleared the codes, never even thought of that. If its not currently locked up or no codes they wont do the update. FRIGGG

go wash the truck, park it outside, and wait for it to freeze up again....

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
headed to vale on friday. no time for that. plus its warming up after today so the truck prob wont do it. :rant: this is stupid. but i guess thats what ill try when i get back home. if theres a tsb i dont get why u cant book it in for it?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
headed to vale on friday. no time for that. plus its warming up after today so the truck prob wont do it. :rant: this is stupid. but i guess thats what ill try when i get back home. if theres a tsb i dont get why u cant book it in for it?

probably just means your dealer is way too busy.....

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
might be. they usually are flat out. appointment booking is usually 3-5weeks from time of call. if you have a vehicle thats un-functionable / safety issue its usually a week-weeek n half. Thinking I might call bville and slomo and go there next days off. bring the sled to terry and the truck to slomo. get it all done in one shot. if they'll do it.

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rule #1 do not ever clear dtcs before brining to the dealer as that is the info they require to go off of to diag and repair,you dont realize how many people come in telling us about a tsb they seen on the net and want it repaired when it doesnt apply to thier vehical,also need the dtc's to be present to confirm the issue,sorry,hopfully you can get it to fail again,but im sure i can help you out if you bring it to me maybe i cleared your dtc's by mistake;)

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lesson Learned on that one! def a dumb mistake on my part. And fair enough, its a legit reason. I think id be afraid to know the number of people who do that. I cant even find this tsb on the net yet haha i find 'd' not 'g' but oh well. If i cant get it to fail before dec 7 you can nearly expect me on your step on dec 8 ;) I'll just be sure to let you know before I leave lol

Is it just a dbII flash/electronic upgrade? Or is there parts invovled too?

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the fluid should be changed every 50 000km, there is a debate on when the spin on filter should be changed. i change it with the fluid at 50 000km. its over $30 at the dealership but if you go to the allison shop in gregoire you can get it for $15ish if my memory is correct. also when your there get the print off from them with fulid capacities as there is more than one. especially if you upgrade to a deep pan

Top Bottom