04 800 Primary Clutch

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just picked up an 04. I need to rebuild the clutch. I was just wondering if there is someone here in town, that could help me out with it. I don't want it done for me. But I would like to learn how to Doo it for myself.

Thanks in Advance :beer: :beer: :D

finndoo

Reaction score
Check out Dynamo Joe on Dootalk, he has a link to his website from there. He also has videos on you tube that show ski doo clutch service. I am not sure if he has a video on the tra 3 on there but he has a lot of useful information on those clutches.

toml

Reaction score
I am in Calgary, I could help ya. I have not done a full clutch rebuild, but has put in a few clutch kits. email me

tom@saleslab.ca

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Doug,you feel like your being followed,LOL!
Good luck getin er done!
catmando!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, Lyle......
I kinda got a stocked feeling going on. LOL
So quit following me, so I can put up a few more Threads in here. LOL

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, Lyle......
I kinda got a stocked feeling going on. LOL
So quit following me, so I can put up a few more Threads in here. LOL

But I have to moderate.........watch you Doo guys.....BA! HA!
See I just bumped it for ya!
catmando!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ill be back in town mid september hopefully for the rest of the year. i have a shop full of parts for that clutch and could show you how to rebuild it. if thats all thats required. sometimes those things like to eat themselves alive. the tools are cheap to buy to work on it yourself once you know how and its a good idea to learn because they should be cleaned and inspected at least twice per season.

britt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have also installed a Dynamo Joes kit (Snowmobile Clutch Kits, Dynamo Joe, mxzx revzone) and it was quite easy. If you have a little mechanical knowledge you should not find it that difficult. The biggest challenge may be getting the clutch removed from the crank. Like previously mentioned the tools are not that expensive and are easy to obtain. Dynamo Joe has some great tech info on his web site and he was very good to answer your questions ( if you buy a kit from him), it may take him a few days to respond to your emails but he will respond. Another good sight for clutch info is C&T Power Sports (C&T Powersports - Home) you can order tools and there is a great how to dvd on clutch maintenance ($ 19.99 U.S.) for the TRA clutch. You have had a few fellow sledders offer to help you out and I would take them up on that offer they will probably know a few tricks that you will not get off a DVD. Once you have done it a few times it becomes very easy. Like I said before the biggest challenge could be removing the clutch off the crank but I know a few of these folks on Snow & Mud have a few tricks up their sleeves for removing stubborn clutches; Right Guys!!!

Have fun,

Britt

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tra 4 and 5 come off relatively easy with the puller. its the tra7 thats a PITA. but still not so bad.

the key iis to remember NEVER put more torque on the puller bolt than on the clutch bolt itself otherwise you will end up with a puller bolt stuck in your crank and still no clutch off. i usually put arond 75lbs on the puller bolt and apply a little heat if it wont come off. if it still wont come off. on to the hyrdaulic method.

the clutches are very easy to take apart and maintain. but you can still mess up a small detail that can end catastrophically for your clutch or motor.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
tra 4 and 5 come off relatively easy with the puller. its the tra7 thats a PITA. but still not so bad.

the key iis to remember NEVER put more torque on the puller bolt than on the clutch bolt itself otherwise you will end up with a puller bolt stuck in your crank and still no clutch off. i usually put arond 75lbs on the puller bolt and apply a little heat if it wont come off. if it still wont come off. on to the hyrdaulic method.

the clutches are very easy to take apart and maintain. but you can still mess up a small detail that can end catastrophically for your clutch or motor.

Thanks.

the next time I'm that way, I might have to take you up on your offer. I also appreciate your advice.

Doug

Top Bottom