"NEW" Yamaha 180 Hp Turbocharger Kit

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
This is pump gas, Bolt-on upgrade for your Yamaha Nytro which provides an instant 180 Hp, Regardless if your are operating at sea-level or 10,000 ft. This is accomplished with a stock unmodified motor running pump premium fuel
At the 180 Hp level, it has proven to be 100% reliable. This kit has been tested to the exact Yamaha grueling durability test that they apply to their stock sleds and passed without exception. That's right. It passes full durability testing !!! The kit is based on Mitsubishi's tried and true turbocharger. (No Chinese knock off !!!!) The turbo is capable of 15 + PSI. The kit is non-intercooled, Making it easier to install and more affordable. The turbo kit comes complete for an easy trouble free install. A Billet blow-off valve is included N/C.
Availbility: Exclusively from E&S Motorcycles LTD
Application: 2008-2011 All Nytro Variants
Price:$ 3995.00 US

Last edited:

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this the mcx kit? I heard that the push turbo was a no go and heard another company was in the works.

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Been working with Mountain Performance (MPI) on this project. It will be upgradable in the future. As far as difficulty to upgrade-An intercooler, fuel upgrade and electronic upgrade. Same as Mcx does. I will have my first kit up and running begining of next week-Darren

macsummit

Reaction score
what does it use for fuel controler & will the price be much different,our dollar is just about par.sounds like a good kit for us low elevation riders that don't need 200 + to ride over a snow bank, post pictures when you have a chance

Last edited:

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the extra $500 I think I'll stick with MCX for a while yet. Will watch and see how the new system compares after some time on them. Going into our 7th season running and intalling MCX.....awesome product with excellent reliability and gotta love the "touchless" fuel management with altitude compensation. :cool:

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
I will be installing the kit this weekend. After that I will have an exact price as far as installation.-Darren

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Steve-This kit we are doing has a tunnel dump with a muffler. If you add a CR racing tunnel dump (no muffler) priced @ 329.00 plus the extra labour and the cost of cutting and welding of the heat exchanger for clearance (total roughly 500.00) to the retail of the MCX of 4799.00 + 500.00 = 5299.00 the difference is now OVER a 1000.00. And you can not dissagree that a tunnel dump exhaust keeps your air intake from freezing. As far as electronics-From what I understand the kit works flawless from 2000 ft to 10,000 ft without any adjustments. We will be testing this with a wideband shortly. I would like to hook up with ya so you can touch/feel/ride. Let me know when your down here next.- Darren

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Steve- I forgot to mention that this kit does not require any welding of the exhaust system as compared to other kits. We are trying to make it as easy as possible for people to install. I will get some pics on here shortly.
Thanks
Darren

crosroads

Reaction score
correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't this the push turbo we've been reading about in the mags. i remember them stating that it's ment for 6000 ft + elevation.

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
This is not the Push Turbo kit. This kit was developed for Yamaha USA by Mountain Performance. The same guy's that make the 180hp Supercharger for Yamaha USA. This kit can be used from sea level to 10,000 feet. Why dont you stop by the shop Monday. You'll be able to see it first hand. I will be installing it in the morning and taking it for a rip around home before we demo it in the mountains during Christmas break. If I am done it when your here You can take it for a snort if your interested.-Darren

crosroads

Reaction score
If I did that then I'd be too tempted to buy it, and I don.t make it to the mountain often enough to own it. sounds like a great ride though.

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Darren, if you tell me where you are during the Christmas break I will meet you there to try it out. We will bring a 2010 with an mcx rear mount to compare. Play your cards right and you may get to meet my margaritaville machine at the cabin that night. How many margaritas do you figure it would take until you are building me one for cost?

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
MrMorgan-Yes Using this kit I am able to be priced very competetively. The kit it self is 4299.00. I have been riding it for a couple of days and it runs flawless. I mean the throttle response is very impressive. Had a guy test ride it last night and compared it to a supercharger for response. Impressive to say the least. Also the altitude compensating Dobeck box is working as the settings are the same for me @ 2,500 ft (-25 deg) as they were for Mac @ MPI when he was riding in Utah @ 10,000 ft (0 deg). As far as comparison with the Mcx 180 kit I will be riding in Radium with a group of 4 Japanese that I am picking up Boxing Day from the Airport. We will have 3 machines to compare. MPI 180 turbo/MCX 180 turbo/MPI supercharger. All on 2010 Nytro's. I will post pics shortly.-Darren

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Here are some pics taken during the install-Darren

Attachments

• mpi 01.JPG
    mpi 01.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,175
  • mpi 02.JPG
    mpi 02.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,180
  • mpi 03.JPG
    mpi 03.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,172
  • mpi 04.JPG
    mpi 04.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,154
  • mpi 05.JPG
    mpi 05.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,165
  • mpi 08.JPG
    mpi 08.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,155
  • mpi 07.JPG
    mpi 07.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,167
  • mpi 06.JPG
    mpi 06.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 1,160

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Some more pics during install-Darren

Attachments

• mpi 09.JPG
    mpi 09.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,143
  • mpi 10.JPG
    mpi 10.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,139
  • mpi 11.JPG
    mpi 11.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 1,127
  • mpi 12.JPG
    mpi 12.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,137
  • mpi 13.JPG
    mpi 13.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,138
  • mpi 14.JPG
    mpi 14.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,141

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a chance to take this setup for spin today. Could not believe the throttle response, it was honestly instant. Well put together kit. I run an mcx 270 kit which has some lag because of the headshim. This kit would kill mine off the bottom. If the fuelling is figured correctly this is definately going to be a good option at a good price. The fueling was bang on for our elevation, Darren's going to see how it works in the hills between Christmas and new years.

Last edited:
Top Bottom