Zero Turn Mowers With A Steering Wheel?

hondalrd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a john deere zero turn and just fill your camelback with booze and ice.

I have been looking at the John deer zero turns but for price wise doesn’t look like you get as much bang for your buck as some other companies

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at the John deer zero turns but for price wise doesn’t look like you get as much bang for your buck as some other companies

You'd be doing yourself a serious injustice if you don't look at a Kubota. John Deere is the best marketing company in the world, but that's about where it stops.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a look at a Toro.
Very comfortable ride

I drove one around the shop and in the show room.

Worth checking out.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I would say is stay with higher end manufacturing?
I have JD but would look at the good brands as well as some nice units out there.
Suspension is nice and being able to tilt the deck up which JD doesn’t do.
Kubota , grasshopper ,toro all good.
You pay for what you get .

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nobody has mentioned Ferris with suspension
That would be my next zero turn
Currently have a Deere but seen them in action and very impressive the Ferris is

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'd be doing yourself a serious injustice if you don't look at a Kubota. John Deere is the best marketing company in the world, but that's about where it stops.

holy ****....lolol.......that's a fairly broad statement to make.......I realize your a Kubota salesrep but......sheesh....

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
holy ****....lolol.......that's a fairly broad statement to make.......I realize your a Kubota salesrep but......sheesh....

Until JD comes out with something original they designed on their own, that's better than what's on the market, I'll stand by that statement.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Until JD comes out with something original they designed on their own, that's better than what's on the market, I'll stand by that statement.

ok, lol.....you can't be serious?

you ever heard of the John Deere "7-iron" deck?
That's the green one that goes on the Deere commercial decks.....Pretty much bullet proof.....designed...built ....by John Deere.

Deere also has a major parts distribution centre right here in Edmonton, Alberta...that's a huge deal for anyone who has dealt with some "other" brands where a machine can be down for days...weeks waiting for parts to arrive.

When it comes to lawnmowers, go ask your hardware store guys if they stock parts.
Most have no idea what you need, most have no idea where to get parts from and if your machine is an older discontinued model....good luck with getting the right components. Not an issue with Deere....

I'm not bad mouthing the Kubota mower....I've heard a couple good things about them.....but for you to make a general statement about your competitor - John Deere - - that their product (quality) stops beyond marketing is a little short sighted on your part....

Does Deere make cheaper models to compete with the other brands?? ****in' right they do! And you get what you pay for! But they also make mid priced and higher end models...again you get what you pay for. Remember, If you are buying a Deere mower at the hardware store, you are buying the entry line models....it doesn't mean that ALL the models built are built in that level of quality.

Get smart - do your homework, talk to other owners (of that model), find out about parts availability on current (and especially older models - because your new mower will soon be a discontinued unit and you will want parts), find out about getting repairs - service if needed.

There is usually a reason why some models cost more than others....its more than just paint.

Last edited:

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok, lol.....you can't be serious?

you ever heard of the John Deere "7-iron" deck?
That's the green one that goes on the Deere commercial decks.....Pretty much bullet proof.....designed...built ....by John Deere.

Deere also has a major parts distribution centre right here in Edmonton, Alberta...that's a huge deal for anyone who has dealt with some "other" brands where a machine can be down for days...weeks waiting for parts to arrive.

When it comes to lawnmowers, go ask your hardware store guys if they stock parts.
Most have no idea what you need, most have no idea where to get parts from and if your machine is an older discontinued model....good luck with getting the right components. Not an issue with Deere....

I'm not bad mouthing the Kubota mower....I've heard a couple good things about them.....but for you to make a general statement about your competitor - John Deere - - that their product (quality) stops beyond marketing is a little short sighted on your part....

Does Deere make cheaper models to compete with the other brands?? ****in' right they do! And you get what you pay for! But they also make mid priced and higher end models...again you get what you pay for. Remember, If you are buying a Deere mower at the hardware store, you are buying the entry line models....it doesn't mean that ALL the models built are built in that level of quality.

Get smart - do your homework, talk to other owners (of that model), find out about parts availability on current (and especially older models - because your new mower will soon be a discontinued unit and you will want parts), find out about getting repairs - service if needed.

There is usually a reason why some models cost more than others....its more than just paint.

hondalrd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Own the cub cadet rzt54 with the steering wheel and love it. 2014 model paid $3800 i think. Will be buying another when the time comes.

How many hours do you have on it? Any issues?

brendon444

Reaction score
How many hours do you have on it? Any issues?

Only about 75 hours, owned since new. I mow 2.5 acres with it. (Looking at my low hours, cuts pretty fast lol)
No issues, just blade sharpen and oil change, I use a multch kit also.

It has the Kawasaki engine.

Top Bottom