YAMAFEST 2010 "Cancelled"

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even if somebody crashed their truck heading towards Revelstoke with a Yamaha in the back... :d

Going West

Reaction score
They really didn't have a choice. It wouldn't matter if the avy con were low or high. Any extreme sledding event that takes place for the rest of the year will have a lot of media attention, especially anything that happens on boulder. It wouldn't even matter if everything went off with out a hitch, they would still spin it in a negative light. And if something did happen the fallout would be extremely bad for your sport and for yammaha. After all the hype dies down then maybe some of the regularly planed rides will commence again.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Re: YAMAFEST 2010 Cancelled

That's just doing what all the crazy people want. Running away isn't the answer. For all of those that don't agree, I have a huge BUBBLE and TIN HAT for sale.
My condolences to the victims families. :(

........I can not express in words appropriate for everyone to read how stupid that sounded. Give your head a shake and show some respect. You cant say whatever your want and get away with it by putting "My condolences to the victims families". You pretty much said lets forget about what just happened and have another crack at it... to soon bud. You wouldnt classify it as running away if one of those 2 guys were family members of yours.

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't believe people are making fun about getting sued for organizing an event. There is a real chance there might be lawsuits to some of the organizers of the BIS. I hope there isn't but I can understand why the police are investigating it, 2 people died. Whenever anyone dies there is an investigation, if it were a relative or friend of mine who passed I would not only expect it, I would demand an investigation.

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No longer in Alberta... Moved to Toronto!
I can't believe people are making fun about getting sued for organizing an event. There is a real chance there might be lawsuits to some of the organizers of the BIS. I hope there isn't but I can understand why the police are investigating it, 2 people died. Whenever anyone dies there is an investigation, if it were a relative or friend of mine who passed I would not only expect it, I would demand an investigation.

There is a little "tongue in cheek" going around... don't expect there to be any lawsuits (in this situation)... a lot of fear mongering with very little teeth!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You wouldn't have to request anything. The BC coroner's office is required by law to investigate all deaths. This investigation includes information collected by the RCMP as well.

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You wouldn't have to request anything. The BC coroner's office is required by law to investigate all deaths. This investigation includes information collected by the RCMP as well.

That's what I am saying, but people are getting all upset because there is an investigation and there is talk of charges. To many people are getting to defensive about it.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope - all it takes is one rider on a yamaha (not associated with Yamafest in any way) to get into trouble (even if they simply got lost on the trail ride up) and some overzealous reporter to find out that there was a group of riders on the hill for an event called "yamafest" and all hell will break loose again. Remember - its easier for someone to make the accusation and put you on the defensive. Once the headline hits the news, people will believe its official, regardless of whatever rebuttal to the newscast comes two days later - the damage is already done.

Yamaha made the right decision in cancelling the event.

I agree, right decision to cancel. Still bummed 'bout it as this is the first I was going to attend. Oh, well, still riding this weekend. Don't worry though I've got all the Yammi stickers off and some fresh Husqvarna stickers on. We'll be banging up all the trees on Frisby! Husqyfest 2010!

Shawn

Top Bottom