XRS 800?

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi...just kinda looking around on what kind of sled i should get...does anyone have a XRS800? if so anygood? please give me inputs on what you like and dislike thanks:)

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
come on this is supposed to be an open forum or do you have secrets? You'll have to come out of the closet sooner or later :rollinglaugh:
Nah! no secrets, I was just thinking of upgrading to a 09 and pm'd him details on my sled, and mine is not a XRS I just mentioned the differences between the adrenline and the XRS but the biggest difference IMO is the difference between the challanger lite track and the powder max, there is a reason that doo only has the powder max for 09.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The website doesn't tell you this, but I that found out at the dealer, plus he said the pics on line doesn't do any good, I guess the sleds look better in person, he went to the dealer show in the states. I'll find out april 12 if he is right or not on the colors

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nah! no secrets, I was just thinking of upgrading to a 09 and pm'd him details on my sled, and mine is not a XRS I just mentioned the differences between the adrenline and the XRS but the biggest difference IMO is the difference between the challanger lite track and the powder max, there is a reason that doo only has the powder max for 09.

much better suspension in the XRS, no big light and kill switches on the bars, lightweight hood,and there must be a few others, try this link

cut and paste the link and it compares all the models!
I have a X package and love it, the track is fine after some miles on it.
get the X or XRS worth the few bucks,
have fun and BUY A DOO

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that the 07 XRS is a bargain of a machine. Yes - the clutching was off - but I have 1100kms on the updates and that thing flat hauls. I had to put an SLP pipe and can on after an unfortunate mishap with a stump - and I was amazed at how this picked the engine up even more.

I never had that big of a problem with the Challenger Lite track. It is stiffer than the Powdermax - but I am a lighter guy (165) and somehow this didn't affect me as much - the trenching, etc that everyone was complaining about. I have ridden as many "deep snow" days as I ever have this year - and most of the guys I have been with have said that the sled is really dialled in with the Challenger Lite. I have ridden an XRS with the Powdermax - and I really couldn't tell the difference in the bottomless stuff. Both were 151 and not the 159 track.

Two things I like. The XRS is the best looking machine - bar none IMO. Second - it has had the best suspension every on a Summit for my riding style. I have a 151 and out of the crate - it has been a great bump machine and has great carving characteristics in the pow.

The only downside I fund is the high engagement of that roller secondary clutch. You just don't get much engine braking from it on the downhills. A lot have guys swear by DJ's kit for those - especially the primary spring. If I can just get that guy to return some of my calls - I will try it out to see if that is the final fix.

Greg

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
HEY GREG... I HAD BETTER LUCK E-MAILING DYNAMO JOE, THAN I DID TRYING TO PHONE HIM.... HE IS A MEMBER ON THIS SITE, AS WELL.... YOU CAN GO TO THE MEMBERS LIST TO FIND HIM. BE SURE TO TELL HIM YOU'RE FROM S&M..... I WOULD PROBABLY P.M. HIM AND E-MAIL HIM.

Cat Gone Doo

Reaction score
Hi After having 6 Cats in a row i bought a 07 XRS this year. My buddy a die hard polaris guy bought one as well. We both had all of the updates done at Martin equipment in Edmonton. The guy knows how to make these things rock. We both found they trenched and tended to want to go over backwards in the real steep stuff. We set the limiter up and this seemed to solve both issues. The xrs shocks are well worth it they handle fantastic. I am selling mine after the easter long weekend if you are interested. . I added the clutch vent after seeing how much cooler my buddys was with the vents. Nether of us have gone through a belt. I am buying a 08 xp from the guy we bought the XRS from. :D I prefer to let others work out the bugs so i can just ride.

JackSplat

Reaction score
I had one last winter. I loved it except for the C.Lite track, only downfall of that machine IMO. As others stated the handling and suspension are the best yet in any year summit.

It unfortunately met it's match in the dreaded pinecone on the trail :eek: and ended up in sled heaven. :Ccry: I kept some parts if you end up getting one and are interested. I have a DJ's clutch kit, yellow belly pan and an HPS can for it. Parts only had 600 miles on them.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my XRS, i have 1400 miles, 2nd motor but with the clutch updates and dynoport pipe and speciality can she ripps with a very cool braap bark sound, i will be ridin her for a few years yet!!!!:cool:

drop the hammer

Reaction score
I really like my 800R 159. I did swap out the hard stock powderlite track to a 2006 powdermax (new), it made a huge performance change, the rear skid even feels different with the softer track allowing for the suspension to fully be utilized. Great shock package w Titanium springs as well on the XRS. I added a can and head as well as Dynamo Joe's clutch kit, as well as Smitty's two wheel inboard kit (for looks), and the thing flat out hauls. I did lose the first engine (crank bearing failure that was common on the 2007), doo replaced it with a whole new engine of the 2008 spec on the crank (larger bearing tolerances). And running amazing all season. Kindof of fun to waste the Xp's away with it. I do have this sled for sale right now, but I like it so I may not sell it, especially since all my buddies with the Xp's are having their own issues. I would watch for one that had the motor replaced with one of the new spec (since all the old versions fail eventually). And if you can get one with an updated track, all the better. Truly is the best Rev they ever made.

Top Bottom