XP Xtra problems????

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Teething problems but OK for now. Love it when I drive it. It does what I want and willing to doo more.:eek: I`m glad I bought it for sure no doubt about it. Thanks for asking

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I witnessed Glen throwing his new toy around in Sicamous, he has a permasmile on his face whenever he's riding...one happy XP Doo owner.
Teething problems but OK for now. Love it when I drive it. It does what I want and willing to doo more.:eek: I`m glad I bought it for sure no doubt about it. Thanks for asking

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha great job... you should have gotten a camera man though..
lol...I asked my buddy that rides an M1 to video me doing wheelies with my camera. when I got home to check it out, all he did on the tape was run me and my sled down, and not one shot of me doing the wheelies....I need new friends.....:D

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol...I asked my buddy that rides an M1 to video me doing wheelies with my camera. when I got home to check it out, all he did on the tape was run me and my sled down, and not one shot of me doing the wheelies....I need new friends.....:D

It's really the only way cat guys can make themselves feel better about the bad choices they've made:D:D:D:D

wepete

Reaction score
Was wondering if you skidoo owners are truley happy with nyour 08 purchases

Bought the wife one (146 track) works great...only warmers crapped out...she drives it.....it doesn't drive her (if you know what i mean) ,not like her 2003 700 (other brand). Never have to look back to see where she is. 800 km and no belts,no problems yet. And by the way more power and way way easier to drive than my 07. Will snow check an 09......2009 should have all the gremlins worked out that some people have had .

vertical

Reaction score
everybody should check Y pipe bolts. blew the pipe off an xp. they claim they haven't had any come loose this year.came off just half mile away from where my xrs came off at renshaw.

STALL

Reaction score
I can tell you that I love my 2008 Everest 154. I can take it places that i would never have dreamed of going with my 2002 151 ZX. I think it has helped improve my riding in the mountains. As for trail riding i find that it does not handle very well on the ruff trails. at least since i took off the sway bar,,, but with no sway bar it handles great in the deep powder. I have no regrets it was the best money that I have ever spent on a sled.

AJW

Reaction score
I'll be the negative guy here and tell you no, I'm not happy with my purchase.

This has been the most problem plagued toy I've ever owned first year or not... Belts have been an issue with mine and when I finally got that dialed in and fixed the engine blew...

That being said, the sled goes anywhere you want it to and lots of places you shouldn't, its very light but I found that compared to the polaris RMK's the steering is very heavy. I honestly prefer the polaris handling...

The sled is for sale PM if you're interested, it'll have a new engine and no belt issues... lol Very low miles and a cheap price, I'm just looking to get rid of it and buy something else... I can't have any MORE problems with any other manufacturer than I've had with this sled now can I?

I think it'll be a Dragon 700 RMK... Something reliable maybe and I don't have to worry if its going to die up in the mountains somewhere... THere's been many an XP towed out of the mountains this year for one reason or the other, and thats not from heresay, thats from my own eyes... That being said, there's some that've had no issues at all... So i dunno...

Make your own choice I guess, I personally wouldn't touch one again...

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the honest review AJW, may I ask what the nature of the engine failure was? there were a lot of carb issues this year, just wondering if it was top end or the dreaded crank failure that plagued the '07 models. belts and handwarmers are one thing, but an engine going down is unacceptable for sure.

Troy.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
I'll be the negative guy here and tell you no, I'm not happy with my purchase.

Good on Ya 'AJW' ..... All the brands have or had some problems.... But good to see straight shooting ! :)

AJW

Reaction score
thanks for the honest review AJW, may I ask what the nature of the engine failure was? there were a lot of carb issues this year, just wondering if it was top end or the dreaded crank failure that plagued the '07 models. belts and handwarmers are one thing, but an engine going down is unacceptable for sure.

Troy.

I don't know if its the crank or what so far. All I know is my coolant reservoir is empty and its seized solid. So in short, there's a whole there somewhere where there's not supposed to be one... lol

I pulled a plug out and the cylinder is full of coolant, I think I rod went through the cylinder wall but I guess we'll find out...

I know every manufacturer has their issues but I talked to a friend of mine who bought a couple of new '07s from the US and the dealership he went to had a bunch of trade in's. '08 XP's traded in for the '07s because they had so many issues with them... But like I said, there are some XP's that've had no issues at all...

Like I said, I'll be staying away from Ski-Doo for now, I'm just extremely luck it blew up 2 miles from the truck on the trail out of the mountain. It made for a very easy tow out, a lot easier than if it had been way back in the mountain somewhere...

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
What are the changes for new 09 sleds have they made any major changes or just the imprvments from this years troubles.

Top Bottom