XF8000 HC mountain ready?

JoMan

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new to the whole mountain riding. What's the first few things you would do to your sled to make it mountain ready?
Im riding a bone stock 2014 xf8000 Highcountry (M chassis with 141 track)
Riding in Valemount so around 6000 feet. Possibly looking at changing the track and rails to 153" does anyone know if the gearing is the same in the xf8000 high country as the m8000? I know they share the same tunnel, to clarify its the 2.25" lug track. Also what weights should I change to?
thanks

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should be a chart with clutch weights for each elevation either on a sticker somewhere under the hood(that's where it is on older cats) or in the manual. Personally I would just ride it the way it is, it'll get around ok and then you can change anything you don't like. I have the same track on my older crossfire, and got around just fine when the rest of my group had 153-162's.

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a 2012 HC, kind of wish we didn't sell it. Great track speed, I would tighten up your limiter strap to keep the skis down and narrow up the stance, aside from that your ready to rip! It likely came weighted for 6000-8000 ft so I'd say you are good to go.

JoMan

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the help guys. I will narrow the stance, possibly unhook the sway bar and try it out in Valemount once the snow flies!

Top Bottom